Which retro gaming system is your favorite?

Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Which retro gaming system is your favorite?
Atari 2600 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Atari 2600 2%  2%  [ 2 ]
Nintendo Entertainment System 5%  5%  [ 5 ]
Nintendo Entertainment System 6%  6%  [ 6 ]
Sega Master System 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Sega Master System 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Sega Genesis/Mega Drive 5%  5%  [ 5 ]
Sega Genesis/Mega Drive 7%  7%  [ 7 ]
Super Nintendo Entertainment System 8%  8%  [ 8 ]
Super Nintendo Entertainment System 19%  19%  [ 20 ]
PlayStation 1 4%  4%  [ 4 ]
PlayStation 1 10%  10%  [ 10 ]
Sega Saturn 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Sega Saturn 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Nintendo 64 8%  8%  [ 8 ]
Nintendo 64 15%  15%  [ 15 ]
original Game Boy 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
original Game Boy 2%  2%  [ 2 ]
Sega Game Gear 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Sega Game Gear 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Game Boy Color 2%  2%  [ 2 ]
Game Boy Color 3%  3%  [ 3 ]
Commodore 64 2%  2%  [ 2 ]
Commodore 64 2%  2%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 103

Vertex
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

17 Jul 2014, 11:03 pm

The Nintendo 64 was my first gaming system, and still sits proudly on my self.
I preferred the cartridges, because you could save your game, without needing a memory card.

That world will cease to be

- Miraak's Mantra

Evil_Chuck
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Aug 2014, 12:10 am

No Sega Dreamcast in the poll?! :evil: 'Cause that's the answer, man. That system and the GameCube were the end of an era, when creativity mattered and companies (besides EA) weren't putting out the same game over and over and calling it a series. And when consoles didn't have to be low-end PCs.

The Dreamcast had a more diverse and interesting library in its short life than any other system I've played. RPGs: Skies of Arcadia, Grandia II, Evolution. Adventure: Shenmue, Resident Evil Code Veronica, Sword of the Berserk, Headhunter. Rhythm games: early Dance Dance Revolution titles and Space Channel 5. Party games: Samba de Amigo, Ooga Booga, and Sonic Shuffle. Fighting: Marvel vs. Capcom 1-2, Power Stone 1-2, Soul Calibur, KOF 2000, too many others to mention. Racing: Sega Rally Championship, Demolition Racer, Test Drive Le Mans, Hydro Thunder, too many others to mention. Arcade action: Mr. Driller, Cannon Spike, Expendable. FPS: Soldier of Fortune, House of the Dead 2, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six series. Shmups: Ikaruga, Under Defeat, Bangai-O, Giga Wing. Online: Phantasy Star Online, Quake 3 Arena, Unreal Tournament. Sports: too many to mention. And let's not forget games that didn't really fit an established category: Seaman, Crazy Taxi, Armada...well I could go on like this forever. In fact I need to go play my Dreamcast again now.

FUNNY DEATH METAL LYRICS OF THE WEEK: 'DEMON'S WIND' BY VADER
Clammy frog descends
Demon's wind, the stars answer your desire
Join the undead, that's the place you'll never leave
You wanna die... but death cannot do us apart...

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2014, 8:54 am

I had the most fun with the SNES.

Seriously, Final Fight, Street Fighter 2 -- my favorite arcade games on console (that I could eventually afford)? Yes! Super Mario and A Link to the Past for the classics.

AspergersActor8693
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2014, 9:34 pm

I really haven't had much experience with the systems listed. I do have an original game boy and an atomic purple game boy color, though I acquired those in recent time and never had them as a kid. I did have an original game boy advance in the purple color, which that was the very first game system I ever owned and I still have it. I eventually got a limited edition game boy advance sp with the NES style decals, which I still have that one too. There is something I also like saying to gaming collectors when I talk about those systems that usually makes them green with envy; I have the original boxes for both game boy systems. 8)