I deleted my Facebook & Twitter but my mom wishes I hadn

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Girlwithaspergers
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2014, 10:32 am

I recently deleted my Facebook and Twitter after I started doing the rest of high school at home. I was tired of getting tons of messages from people I rarely ever spoke to, asking where I was and if I was okay. While there might have been a small, but rather unlikely chance that they really were concerned and not looking for gossip (the more probable reason) I could not handle the stress of dealing with it.

Thank God no one has texted, called, or dropped by. However, my mom is mad that I deleted because she refuses to make her own accounts, but she wishes she could still cyber-stalk people we know. I think she's slowly getting over it, but I worry she resents me a little in a weird way because it was the only way she could see photos of my estranged uncle's (her brother's) children through friend's of friends.

LookingLost
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2014, 11:51 am

I don't think it is your responsibility to maintain online accounts so that your mum can do that. :s I don't know your family situation and it might be unfortunate that your uncle and mum are not otherwise in contact, but it doesn't sound as though you have anything to feel guilty about...

Willard
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2014, 12:54 pm

Why don't you set up accounts FOR her? My daughter created my FaceBook account when she was moving away to Prep School, or I wouldn't have one - (as it is, I don't really use it, except to mock the inanity of typical FB users by posting completely random and utterly non-sequitur statements lifted from song lyrics and specifically chosen for their bizarre pointlessness). You can even send out 'friend' requests in her name and populate the page with people she knows. Then give her the account name and password and let her go to town. Or Farmville, as the case may be.

daydreamer84
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2014, 7:05 pm

^
Yeah, I set up my mum's facebook account. too. It's not fair for her to expect you to maintain accounts for her to cyber stock people.

MDD123
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2014, 12:09 am

Not to derail the topic, but kudos for deleting your FB profile; life has so much more to offer.

Milanor
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Apr 2014, 9:59 am

I didn't delete my facebook account, but I did deactivate it for about half a year or so when I was in college, but for slightly different reasons. I figured that I was buried in studies and didn't really check on facebook much so I deactivated it, plus I was also getting tired of seeing my friend count decreasing over time (which was depressing for me). In fact, I wished there were more people that messaged me or something, but not really :cry:

AutisticGuy1981
Toucan
Toucan

09 Apr 2014, 8:55 pm

do you actually have friends?
do you struggle to make friends?

Because most of us did slowly lose touch with our friends like you appear to be doing now.

Quote:
. I was tired of getting tons of messages from people I rarely ever spoke to, asking where I was and if I was okay. While there might have been a small, but rather unlikely chance that they really were concerned and not looking for gossip (the more probable reason) I could not handle the stress of dealing with it.

and ended up without a friend in the world

just look at all the threads from 25+ year olds on here saying they have 0 friends

do you want to risk being forever alone? you might not feel it now but in a few years you will wish you made the effort to stay in touch with people you grew up with and went to school with.

even some of the people on here with well paid jobs have 0 friends so don't assume you will make new ones through work

Quote:
Thank God no one has texted, called, or dropped by.

1 year living alone, 33 years old.

Guess how many people phone or visit me?

my ex wife is the only person I talk to and my son.

oh it's marvellous sometimes I get so lonely I go for a walk just to see other people wishing they would interact with me but being to scared to try and start a conversation with someone....

this is the only contact I've had with my mum since the 30th of january

[norman is a cat]
Quote:
January 30
mum
1/30, 11:16am
mum

it keep trying to snow here but not settleing ,hope it ok up your end.am hopeing the wet don't freeze.norman at vets having blood tests,got to fetch him back later.x. love you.x.
February 3
me
2/3, 4:48pm
me

just raining every day here and not even very cold for this time of the year.

I guess we are fortunate to live up north as it looks like there are flood warnings everywhere apart from this part of England for the last couple of weeks.

I'm looking forward to it getting dry again so I can get back out on my bike and try to shift my Christmas weight gain lol.

I'll end up back where I started soon :| but it shouldn't be as hard as when I first started last year.

did you find out from the blood tests what is up with norman?
February 3
mum
2/3, 11:08pm
mum

nothing show up in the blood tests,he going for skin biopsies next mon ,vet looking if it cancer. we all eat more in the long cold days,I try to eat healthy meals and snacks and walk some instead of bus rides.weather here not bad at the moment .
February 11
me
2/11, 7:07pm
me

we finally had some snow up here today but it's pretty much all melted all ready. it's not even been that cold up here yet compared to what it's been like some years.

I've had barely had my radiator on as well , even when I woke up today my thermostat for the radiators were claiming it was 15 degrees after the heating being off all night lol
February 12
mum
2/12, 12:46am
mum

it snow and rain here today at same time so didn't settle,it been 10 degrees in here when heating off,I only use it when drying clothes on radiaters,I wear a fleece top and a dressing gown.got a panel heater in living room,switch it on when in there.
mum
2/12, 12:53am
mum

norman had 3 biopsies taken yesday,vet phone us when results back.she say he got a thick wall of fat across base of his tum she hope they not tell her to remove it as it to big.she not seen it in a cat before.

she said maybe a tumour under it.he wearing a lampshade looking thing on head for a week but managing to eat/drink with it this time,x.
February 28
me
2/28, 2:02am
me

bad news,Amanda phoned me to say paddy has died,he was lying on his sofa,it looks like he died in his sleep.he was 41.she said he been so good helping them recently.it so unexpected.norman had lots of tests they all negative.vet now put him on steroids and a lowfat diet.to see how he goes.hope you ok.love you .xx.
March 3
mum
3/3, 8:08pm
mum

not heard from you :keep in touch when nothing to say,so we know you ok.love you and think of you every day.xxxx.
March 4
me
3/4, 11:07am
me

nothing to say and I didn't check on facebook for about a week.

I'll give you a phone call later on tonight but I don't have any news or anything.
March 4
mum
3/4, 3:23pm
mum

so glad you ok .we be out 6pm to 11pm.it nottm panthers ice hockey o

xx.

may give you a phone call now and then as well as texting .you.xx.
March 6
mum
3/6, 8:26pm
mum

hi luke hope you well and looking after yourself.paddy died of heart disease.no one knew he had it.probly a blood clot while he slept.smoking and high cholesterol can cause heart troubles. a low fat diet lowers cholesterol ,like we do now,healthy option low fat crisps.cheese.chips.cereal bars etc.we always look how much fat per 100 grams.and always get light olive spread not any other sort of marg.keep eating healthy no one knows how much fat in they got in the blood in the arteries.it a wake up call for us all.nothing else to report.keep looking after each other .love you .xxxx.
March 16
mum
3/16, 6:35pm
mum

hi luke,hoping all ok at yours.and Yvonne,Christopher,Edward ok, paddy funeral on Tuesday morning at 10.30am.Amanda inconsolable with grief and guilt,she going to look for some bereavement counciling.someone to talk.crouse do it.I googled it.dad retiring on 23rd august.im well ,norman still on steroids and lowfat diet and doing well.he needed to lose some weight and has.he going back to vets next week for a check up.love you.keep in touch.xxxx.let me know how things are.
me
3/16, 7:50pm
me

we're all fine, just nothing to say
mum
3/16, 7:52pm
mum

still good to see you fine.xxxx.
April 1
mum
4/1, 5:56pm
mum

thanks for the cards and heart necklace,they are lonely.thank Yvonne ,Christopher,edward too.i hope all ok,we well and ok....ment lovely.lol.I will post Edwards cards this week.it his 21st birthday.keep in touch,love you.xx.
Friday
me
4/4, 9:37pm
me

yea we're all fine, nothing has really happened to mention lol
Saturday
mum
4/5, 12:45am
mum

same here,but no news is good news.xx.
Today
me
4:30pmme

Edward says thanks for the cards.

Don't end up like this FFS

oh and you can totally see my empathy when the father of most my sisters kids died..

but hey I've not seen my sister or brother in over 10 years or even spoken to them on facebook even though they are on my "friends" list, I never met paddy, my sister has 5 kids and I've only met 2 of them..
my brother has 2 kids and I've met neither.

seriously you need to make an effort whilst you are young.

oh and BTW I never did get around to phoning my mum....

my life is so s**t and boring , 0 friends , 0 job because I'm on disability 0 things to talk about with her hence the riveting conversation going on there for the last few months.

if I died now, I wonder how long until a neighbour notices the smell? because noone else is going to notice not even my ex wife and mother of my child because I can go for a week without talking to her or seeing my son as well. (she lives on the same street as me btw......)

Girlwithaspergers
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2014, 4:13 pm

I'm already pretty much isolated except that my parents are trapping me with them for eternity because of my mental problems. I just found out today that they're not letting me attend college.

Milanor
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Apr 2014, 4:59 pm

That's unfortunate, are you able to reason with your parents to at least allow you to attend college or allowing you to make some decisions on your own to improve your situation?

Girlwithaspergers
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2014, 6:31 pm

Well, no. They have implied the possibility of letting me just take time off but that is not acceptable since I want to get into acting and too much of a delay in the pursuit of my career could result in *gasp* me looking too old for the job.