Walking Dead Season 4: 16: "A" Season FInale.

Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Stannis
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2014, 7:21 am

Spoilers.

-Notice that Carol is carrying Judith in the promo poster, and Tyreese and Abraham fulfil the same function, at different times in the comics as Rick's enforcer.

-According to Norman Reedus (Daryl); Michonne, Tyreese, Maggie, and Glen get decapitated in the finale, and their heads switched around onto each others bodies.
http://comicbook.com/blog/2014/03/28/th ... -spoilers/

-I read in a random article that Terminus is full of cannibals, and everyone currently in there gets eaten.

Toy_Soldier
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2014, 8:20 am

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~SPECULATION & POSSIBLE SPOILERS ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Speculation (and some anxiety) is active and varied at the moment among fans in anticipation of the season finale, but hard evidence is quite scarce. I am actually amazed they can keep such things so secret.

There have been some possible clues/foreshadowing scenes in the last few episodes. Daryl lying in the coffin, and Maggie burning her picture are two I noticed. But they may mean nothing or even be purposely done by the writers to mislead us. This writing/directing team is like that.

There has been some talk of pictures/trailers or info about season 5, which shows certain individuals alive. But I haven't seen any myself so won't comment on them.

All I am certain about is that 3 groups are converging. The Terminus group, Ricks divided old prison group, and the 'Claimers' group that Daryl is with. A 4th group is possible in that I do not know who kidnapped Beth.

The one concrete indication given, by one of the writers is that Rick will feature large in this episode and be pushed beyond anything we have seen yet.

Much of the speculation revolves around who might die, and I think it just too hard to pin down at this point, other then thinking the more recent additions (Bob, Tyrese, Sasha or any of the three in Abraham's group) are more at risk then the original farm/prison group characters. I only say that because fans are more attached to the original characters. That said it is very possible a original member will be killed off for shock value and to show us who is boss. Of the originals my guess is that Glenn, Maggie, and Carol are most at risk.

Stannis
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2014, 2:39 am

~~~~~~~~REAL SPOILERS THIS TIME!! !! !! !! !! !

-Ok, so it looks like Tyrese and Carol are going to have to come and rescue everyone.

-This is what it seems has been happening this season:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_XQ5ITv7p0[/youtube]

I think that's misdirection.

Dan_Undiagnosed
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2014, 5:15 am

I saw Reedus' post. It was obviously just a red herring. In interviews the main cast members remain pretty tight lipped when it comes to spoilers so I think it was just a gag to scare the hell out of Michonne and Tyrese fans. I was definitely worried about Michonne. I kind of jokingly guessed the cannibal thing. Two weeks ago my girlfriend was like 'This is too good to be true. I wonder what's wrong with Terminus?' and I blurted out 'Soylent green is people!' Hmm.

micfranklin
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2014, 7:00 am

Kirkman and the crew were clearly messing with us when they sad "we would be sobbing." Oh well, I liked the episode through and through.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2014, 11:02 am

Regardless, Terminus is obviously not the paradise and sanctuary they had been hoping for. I do kind of wonder if they were all stuffed into the train car for safe storage, with the intention of having them for dinner later on.

micfranklin
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2014, 1:58 pm

Between Rick going full-blown psychopath to Joe and the ending where he says they f'ed with the wrong people, the whole episode was more than worth it.

Stannis
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2014, 8:27 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Regardless, Terminus is obviously not the paradise and sanctuary they had been hoping for. I do kind of wonder if they were all stuffed into the train car for safe storage, with the intention of having them for dinner later on.

Why is that obvious, though? Did you notice that Trust No One (or something) was scrawled on the wall in the candle room? Maybe they are just being cautious. I have not seen them do anything that cautious good people wouldn't do.

Did anyone else notice that the main Terminus guy, Gareth, has a haircut like an eloi?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2014, 10:03 pm

Stannis wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Why is that obvious, though? Did you notice that Trust No One (or something) was scrawled on the wall in the candle room? Maybe they are just being cautious. I have not seen them do anything that cautious good people wouldn't do.

Did anyone else notice that the main Terminus guy, Gareth, has a haircut like an eloi?

Well, they had obviously robbed Glen and Maggie, which had tipped Rick off, so something's up.

kazma
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

31 Mar 2014, 10:06 pm

loved the bite it was pure survival instinct

Stannis
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2014, 10:20 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Stannis wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Well, they had obviously robbed Glen and Maggie, which had tipped Rick off, so something's up.

Good point. I forgot about that.

I just thought of what might be happening. If you lock up a group with water, and after a week, they haven't been taking bites out of each other, then that's a pretty good indication that they're not so bad. The downside to this plan is that whatever their natural tendencies, they are still going to be very pissed off at you when you let them out.

micfranklin
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2014, 6:59 am

Stannis wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Stannis wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Good point. I forgot about that.

I just thought of what might be happening. If you lock up a group with water, and after a week, they haven't been taking bites out of each other, then that's a pretty good indication that they're not so bad. The downside to this plan is that whatever their natural tendencies, they are still going to be very pissed off at you when you let them out.

Heh....let them out.....

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2014, 12:18 pm

I'd like to dedicate this one to season 4...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mkah5nzVrg

I thought the last episode was pretty good. I'm not sure about terminus yet. They could be cannibals or they could be something equally sinister or something much less...

The terminus folks were really going out of their way not to kill anyone. That might be because they are keeping them for livestock, but it could be something else too.

In the comics there's always lots of tension and/or misunderstandings when 'the group' meets another group.

... I guess we'll find out in 5 or 6 months. :(

In the meantime, TWD withdrawal is gonna be tough.

I'm only about 8 issues away from being caught up on the comics--that's barely an afternoon's reading.

I'll be glad when season 2 of the Walking Dead Game is finished. That will probably be mid-summer. I guess I could go ahead and play the first couple of episodes, but I'd rather play the whole thing through at one sitting...

I wish there were more bad times...

Toy_Soldier
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2014, 2:59 pm

I finally saw the finale.

Relieved no characters died. Good to see Rick get his head back together in a warped twisted but reality based way. :lol: Like how they dealt with the Monsters within idea. Monsters from the ID. Terminus is nicely creepy. The cannibal possibility further strengthened, but not proven yet. The Claimers got what was coming to them. Where's Beth?

Not too much to critique. Flashbacks were overused. I don't think they would waste that many bullets herding them, unless they got train car loads of ammo.

Wish they did more of those mini-scenes over the summer like they did after the first season. Like the one on the Bicycle Girl and Don't open, Dead inside. I need something to hold me over till October!! !! :(

Hopper
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2014, 3:54 pm

Stannis wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

In a handy bit of foreshadowing, earlier in the episode Rick explains how a trap works, guiding an animal so it has nowhere to go but into the noose. Later, when they make a run for it, they are being herded in a very particular direction - the ground is being shot at, and the only doors thay can go through are marked 'A', (as is the wagon they end up in).

They seem to be flipping a lot of meat, considering it's supposed to be slim pickings.

"The more people we take in, the stronger we become." Nom nom nom.

Most telling is that, as they run/are herded through Terminus, people in transport containers call out 'Help! Let us out!', and they pass by a pile of what looks very much to be human bones (skulls, ribcages).

I'm assuming the candle room hosts some sort of sacrificial killing.

You know sometimes, between the dames and the horses, I don't even know why I put my hat on.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2014, 7:38 pm

Hopper wrote:
Stannis wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

In a handy bit of foreshadowing, earlier in the episode Rick explains how a trap works, guiding an animal so it has nowhere to go but into the noose. Later, when they make a run for it, they are being herded in a very particular direction - the ground is being shot at, and the only doors thay can go through are marked 'A', (as is the wagon they end up in).

They seem to be flipping a lot of meat, considering it's supposed to be slim pickings.

"The more people we take in, the stronger we become." Nom nom nom.

Most telling is that, as they run/are herded through Terminus, people in transport containers call out 'Help! Let us out!', and they pass by a pile of what looks very much to be human bones (skulls, ribcages).

I'm assuming the candle room hosts some sort of sacrificial killing.

I noticed that slaughtered meat, too, and I asked my wife if she thought that it was human remains.