Page 3 of 3 [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

slave
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2014, 1:27 pm

FireyInspiration wrote:
I vary greatly and quickly between loving life and spiralling depression. Sometimes I wonder if I'm also mildly bipolar, or if this is just normal and other people just don't show it.

dramatic fluctuations like you describe are NOT 'normal'

ask your doctor about Cyclothymia or Bipolar Mood Disorder~~~there IS help :) :) :)

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2014, 2:17 pm

Not really, attempting to today though because the new Game of Thrones season is starting and I can't miss that.

Well that sucked anyways, good episode....of course my dad asked the person he is staying with and helping with rent if it was ok for me and my brother to come and watch game of thrones. Of course he figured that meant he could cook dinner and we could eat and enjoy the show and then head out. Well didn't start till seven and dude shows up all pissy yelling about how we're here early and this and that...so of course my dad got pissed and didn't feel like cooking dinner anymore not that he would have had time anyways. But yeah just sucked because we planned to eat dinner, watch the show and just sort of hang around for a while and leave and as far as my dad knew that was cool but then all the sudden its not cool....everything that's happened lately just makes it so I am more trapped at home because I have nowhere else to go even for a short while.....dads leaving to California on Wednesday.....because he's done with the crap of living there.

Last edited by Sweetleaf on 07 Apr 2014, 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

kt69
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Apr 2014, 3:14 pm

No, I don't enjoy life most of the time. I have failed at almost everything in life.
I try to live day to day, but the thought of having to go on for another 50 or 60 years sometimes depresses me. Life feels like too much of a hassle sometimes.

I can enjoy little things like watching a good movie, but that is just a temporary escape and doesn't make me happy to be alive.

peaceloveerin
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Apr 2014, 6:42 pm

I WISH I enjoyed life more!! Lately, I've been feeling really depressed because I was let go from two of three medical transcription jobs and the one I still have hardly pays anything!! And people don't seem to understand that its really hard for me to go out and get a real job because of my AS and anxiety. So its the constant pressure of feeling like I need to do something to make other people happy that makes me not enjoy life as much.

billiscool
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2014, 11:51 pm

TheValk wrote:
For me it's always a big effort that never quite succeeds, but occasionally I seem to derive happiness from just 'being there' accidentally, as if given a gift by a nice anonymous person.

This seems like a conclusion rather than a whole account, but that's all I seem to be able to say on the matter right now. Curious what everyone else thinks.

it's ok.

Stannis
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2014, 12:54 am

I don't get a lot of depression unless I have to interact with someone who makes me depressed. Left to my own devices I never get depressed.

Lumin
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Apr 2014, 1:04 am

I do enjoy life.

ZombieBrideXD
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2014, 1:06 am

its impossible to enjoy death. and its impossible to enjoy pre-life.

sooooooo yeah i guess i dont have a choice

DA: http://mephilesdark123.deviantart.com

AspergianMutantt
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2014, 1:11 am

Its the simple things in life that makes me happy.

I love bringing home treats or wild flowers for my mates, so much so in fact they seem to think I must want something or feel guilty about something, when the truth of it was I just liked the smiles, just knowing I am making my mates happy made my day. but that treat is rare for me.... I get to take my son out doing things, we gone crystal hunting, build forts together, fossil hunting, and today we tried arrowhead hunting just it didn't work out all we found was litter and pollution but we had fun trying..

Over all am I happy? I do not think I ever truly will be without a mate to share life with, otherwise once I let that dream go, I been fairly content sharing my life with my son.

Easier said then done, but, life is what you make it, its yours and its the only one you will ever have, may as well make the best of it.

Lumin
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Apr 2014, 1:31 am

Indeed ^

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2014, 2:34 am

I would say I don't enjoy life.

I have things better than most...it could be much worse.

However, the things that would make me "happy" involves being able to travel (only time I feel normal is when I'm away from home long enough to realize there is more of a world out there) and that requires money. I'm also frustrated with the lack of a meaningful career, so my life feels pointless and without direction.

khaoz
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2014, 3:48 am

The only times I can say I enjoy life is when I am completely unconscious of existing, with no sense of a "self." And the only times I have been able to fully enter that realm is when playing pool, which is a form of meditation to me, only deeper. And usually it only happens when I can play in solitude, without feeling the attention of any humanoids. It is very hard to find such a place. That is the only true form of happiness I have experienced in this life.

Stannis
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2014, 5:43 am

khaoz wrote:
The only times I can say I enjoy life is when I am completely unconscious of existing, with no sense of a "self." And the only times I have been able to fully enter that realm is when playing pool, which is a form of meditation to me, only deeper. And usually it only happens when I can play in solitude, without feeling the attention of any humanoids. It is very hard to find such a place. That is the only true form of happiness I have experienced in this life.

That's true. I read a few books on zen, and I think it is the state of unconscious action that comes with skill proficiency. That's why they say it is not something that someone can teach you. It's not actually a skill, it's the result of having a skill.

Marky9
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2014, 7:24 am

I enjoyed life more when I was a young adult, and my middle-age years were quite enjoyable. These days I'm a bit preoccupied when learning what it means to be an aging Aspie and adjusting to it.