Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Buffy9139
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

31 Mar 2014, 1:16 pm

Thoughts? Do you have good personal hygiene? Do you forget things?

I forget things, like brushing my teeth before bed and sometimes washing my hands. Is this somewhat normal [bad word choice I know] or am I alone in this?

I am trying to change this but it seems to be a losing battle. Unless I think for an hour before I go to bed I will forget about brushing my teeth and I have to remind myself to wash my hands when I should. They are my two things, there may be more but I've noticed these. [actually I'm fairly worried, I want to keep my teeth!]

Willard
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2014, 1:27 pm

Nope. Never been a problem. I absolutely despise being dirty and greasy, or having bad breath.

I shower twice a day - once to get clean and shampoo my hair, and again after I work out, to rinse off the sweat.

It's bad enough to have poor social skills and not be any good at meeting and getting to know people, why would I want to make things worse by looking or smelling like a homeless bum, so nobody wanted to get anywhere near me?

An Aspie can't very well complain about not dating when their breath smells like rotting fish. :eew:

franknfurter
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2014, 1:31 pm

I do forget to brush my teeth as well, I have never seemed to be able to get into a good routine with that. its not terrible I mean I do manage at least once a day but I know I forget a lot twice a day

I don't remember unless I have it in my mind for ages before as well

I sometimes like to leave my hair for a while as well because I enjoy running my hands through my hair and I can't do that really with newly washed hair. unfortunately running my hands through my hair does encourage dandruff.

I always wash my hands I can be a bit obsessive about it, I actually enjoy it.
I have daily baths.

hope that does not make me sound too bad :oops:

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2014, 1:47 pm

Sometimes I can forget so I always err on the side of caution. I would rather brush my teeth once too many in a day than once too few. The only exception is showering. If I am too tired I can hold off on showering for a day or two sometimes three. I don't tend to get dirty or stinky unless I am doing sports and then I try to shower more. I will do an underarm and a private area wash though if I don't shower for a couple of days. I wash my hair whenever it needs it. It's usually about once or twice a week. In the summer it's more often since I can get pretty sweaty with sports and our house does not have central air. I try to wash my face and behind my ears once or twice a day as well.

Wreck It Ralph

StarCity
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2014, 3:12 pm

My routine is to shower one day, shave the next. Shower, shave, shower, shave on alternate days.

It isn't natural for me, but it enables me to "fit in".
It is VERY tiring and draining, but at least we can appear like them even though it is an act. Like being on the stage.
They can't see it is emulation, and so we are accepted.

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2014, 4:01 pm

Willard wrote:
Nope. Never been a problem. I absolutely despise being dirty and greasy, or having bad breath.

I shower twice a day - once to get clean and shampoo my hair, and again after I work out, to rinse off the sweat.

It's bad enough to have poor social skills and not be any good at meeting and getting to know people, why would I want to make things worse by looking or smelling like a homeless bum, so nobody wanted to get anywhere near me?

An Aspie can't very well complain about not dating when their breath smells like rotting fish. :eew:

I concur.

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2014, 6:10 pm

I never have that problem I always shower or bath every day and I clean my teeth morning and night and floss them as well.
I couldn't stand being dirty.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2014, 6:11 pm

Buffy9139 wrote:
Thoughts? Do you have good personal hygiene? Do you forget things?

I forget things, like brushing my teeth before bed and sometimes washing my hands. Is this somewhat normal [bad word choice I know] or am I alone in this?

I am trying to change this but it seems to be a losing battle. Unless I think for an hour before I go to bed I will forget about brushing my teeth and I have to remind myself to wash my hands when I should. They are my two things, there may be more but I've noticed these. [actually I'm fairly worried, I want to keep my teeth!]

I do not wash my hands unless I get them dirty, I shower maybe a couple times a week....sometimes I should more, but honestly a lot of what I have heard indicates its not healthy to wash your hair every day or shower every day(unless you've been doing something that gets dirty like painting houses or what not) so I don't really think I do too bad with the showering granted sometimes I do neglect it and might go a week or more(usually if I am too stressed or depressed). I have been remembering to brush my teeth lately, maybe because I am a bit concerned about them worried I might even have a cavity or something but I need to find out if my medicaid helps dental costs or not.

Then I am female but I don't keep my legs cleanly shaven....I shave my armpits in the summer usually since its too hot to have extra hair and I am more inclined to wear shirts that expose them, but in the winter I really don't care. But not sure how having hair is un-hygenic if you scrub it with soap when in the shower.

Quill
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2014, 7:08 pm

I am a bit obsessive about my teeth so I always brush and floss. I also wash my hands a lot, after the bathroom and anytime they look or feel dirty. However, I only shower about once a week because I hate it, specifically the period of time where you sit around feeling wet and yucky afterwards. If I get sweaty or dirty I shower more, and right now I've been making an effort to exercise more so I'm showering more often but at times the thought of having to shower puts me right off exercise.

AdamAutistic
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2014, 7:16 pm

i am very clean.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2014, 8:21 am

When I don't shower for a day, I eyes get stingy. If I don't wash my hair, I become a Rasta after 3 days (I'm Caucasian).