What is it about guys who bully weaker guys?

Page 1 of 4 [ 51 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

starvingartist
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2014, 1:46 am

Flyer wrote:
starvingartist wrote:
anyone who bullies anyone--male or female--is an a**hole.

anyone who dates someone who is a bully--male or female--and thinks it's "cool" is also an a**hole, and stupid to boot.

pretty cut and dry, if you ask me.

Do you think that topic names should be more gender neutral? Maybe something like "Why do people stay in relationships with bullies"? I think that may decrease amount of unnecessary sexism in this forum.

is that what i'd like to see happen? --absolutely!

do i think that is at all likely to happen? .........

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2014, 1:46 am

One word: Evolution.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2014, 2:19 am

Ann2011 wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:
Ann2011 wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:
Anyone with half a brain can counter this with realism though. You should always judge people on how they treat EVERYONE, not just YOU.

I think how people treat servers and clerks is a good tel. If they are rude to the waiter then they're probably not a nice person.

I more meant an average of how they treat others in general. Though it isn't that hard to determine if they're worth knowing or not.

For sure.

Also, bullies have a sadistic streak - if they enjoy bullying then eventually they will bully the girl too.

That is 100% true and it's what these silly tarts don't realise.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2014, 2:39 am

Well, a lot of women are attracted to soldiers and marines, no? Because they're hot and strong or wtv.

Not saying that all soldiers are sadistic and violent in nature but they're much more likely to be violent than other professions, their job requires killing after all, just check the rape stats in armies.

Last edited by The_Face_of_Boo on 03 Apr 2014, 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Flyer
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

03 Apr 2014, 2:40 am

starvingartist wrote:
Flyer wrote:
starvingartist wrote:
anyone who bullies anyone--male or female--is an a**hole.
anyone who dates someone who is a bully--male or female--and thinks it's "cool" is also an a**hole, and stupid to boot.
pretty cut and dry, if you ask me.

Do you think that topic names should be more gender neutral? Maybe something like "Why do people stay in relationships with bullies"? I think that may decrease amount of unnecessary sexism in this forum.

is that what i'd like to see happen? --absolutely!
do i think that is at all likely to happen? .........

Why not? We all want to relate to all people. And bullies are more or less the same, regardless of their gender, aren't they?
It's the same with other topics too. When someone says that a lot of people of the gender they date are shallow it doesn't mean that the other gender is any better. We all have similar issues, then why do we have to fight about them?

accountinglad
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Apr 2014, 5:37 am

one person will see it as banter another will see it as bullying. if its an ongoing think that goes to far that is BULLYING

AutisticGuy1981
Toucan
Toucan

03 Apr 2014, 5:44 am

Most the girls at my school were attracted to the hard kids, most the girls in my local area were the same.

As you get older I think people start to care less about what other people think and they start to be more diverse and go with people who aren't like local celebrities based on their ability to fight.

All my friends as a teenager were rough and non of them were very nice people even to their GF's.
I remember when I was 17, me and a mate went to meet his GF who was late because of some silly reason.
He actually asked me if he should punch her for it... It seriously shocked me even though I knew he was a violent person with a bad temper I didn't think he could hit a woman.
To ask me that he must have hit her before in the past.
I saved her a beating but she will never know, makes me glad I went with him because if I didn't you know what would have happened

He never had a shortage of girlfriends either, when he was only 14 he was already the hardest person at school, on his first day at school he walked up to the hardest guy and just offered them out like something out of the film "scum" and suddenly he was some kind of hero.

In private he was just about as quiet as me, we had the same interests at the time, I don't think people considered him good looking but he was alpha male in a group.

WHY GIRLS WHY? How can you be attracted to someone who is such a **** ?

You see these 30+ year old woman asking where all the good honest sincere men are and how all men are cheating ********
What can they expect if they always go for the same types of people

starvingartist
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2014, 1:27 pm

AutisticGuy1981 wrote:
Most the girls at my school were attracted to the hard kids, most the girls in my local area were the same.

As you get older I think people start to care less about what other people think and they start to be more diverse and go with people who aren't like local celebrities based on their ability to fight.

All my friends as a teenager were rough and non of them were very nice people even to their GF's.
I remember when I was 17, me and a mate went to meet his GF who was late because of some silly reason.
He actually asked me if he should punch her for it... It seriously shocked me even though I knew he was a violent person with a bad temper I didn't think he could hit a woman.
I saved her a beating but she will never know, makes me glad I went with him because if I didn't you know what would have happened

He never had a shortage of girlfriends either, when he was only 14 he was already the hardest person at school, on his first day at school he walked up to the hardest guy and just offered them out like something out of the film "scum" and suddenly he was some kind of hero.

In private he was just about as quiet as me, we had the same interests at the time, I don't think people considered him good looking but he was alpha male in a group.

You see these 30+ year old woman asking where all the good honest sincere men are and how all men are cheating ********

FAIL

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2014, 2:44 pm

I've dated guys like that before and usually what happens is he starts being a douche to his gf eventually when he doesn't get his way. However, I would just put him treating other guys like that into the catagory of "guy stuff" and not think about it. That's what most girls do I would think. They figure that there may be something going on between the two guys that she doesn't know about or something so they just let it go. Until he starts being a douche to her that is. Then she sees that it's just him.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2014, 3:27 pm

starvingartist wrote:
AutisticGuy1981 wrote:

FAIL

Fail in what? Who failed?

And yes, I've seen abusive men in life who never had problems in getting relationships; and not necessarily with morally bad girls.

Last edited by The_Face_of_Boo on 03 Apr 2014, 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

starvingartist
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2014, 3:28 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
starvingartist wrote:
AutisticGuy1981 wrote:

FAIL

Fail in what? Who failed?

"x has been my experience with women, hence: all women are like x" = LOGIC FAIL

Ann2011
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2014, 3:29 pm

I was wondering that too. I liked 1981's post and certainly don't see how "fail" applies.

Kyuubi
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

04 Apr 2014, 1:46 pm

AutisticGuy1981 wrote:

please don't give me examples of what I'm asking about. All it's doing is pissing me off about this even more.

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2014, 2:07 pm

Ann2011 wrote:
I was wondering that too. I liked 1981's post and certainly don't see how "fail" applies.

Same here.

There are specific stereotypes to both genders in this subject, not everyone follows those exact stereotypes but most just do.

People need to hack through the army of bad people to get to the few good ones.

Eureka13
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2014, 2:38 pm

As some others have said, if a person will treat one person badly, there's a very good chance he will treat everyone he/she knows (including you) that way, eventually.

I'm quite old, and I have found this consistently throughout my life to be absolutely true. Teenagers are all hormones and hair. They haven't learned yet what is truly important. Some may never learn. Try not to be one of those! :)

leafplant
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2014, 2:46 pm

Kyuubi wrote:
Do girls care about how their bfs treat other guys. I mean the girls at my school really seem to have this "as long as he's nice to me he can do whatever he wants" mentality. Based on the amount of toleration i would actually come to the conclusion that they enjoy it when their bf is mean to people. I think it may have something to do with that base desire for a dominant male. So my question is, do girls like it when their bf's bully other guys around?

Before you can even begin to understand this, you need to understand social order and hierarchies, and if you are posting on this forum, the odds are, you are incapable of understanding this about people.

NTs put up with abuse because they don't see it as abuse - to them, it's what you have to do in order to fit in and fitting in is the absolute necessity for life. They need to fit in more than they need the air to breathe. That's the basis of social order and how societies function without descending into chaos and anarchy. And this is why jocks always get the hottest girls even though most of the time they are not at all nice people.