Being called a know it all...

Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

YippySkippy
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2014, 10:49 am

Your fiancé is emotionally abusing you. It has nothing to do with you, you don't deserve it, and you can't make it all better. And it will probably get much worse if you marry him.
Please, do some Google searches and read up on domestic abuse. If not for yourself, then for your children.

autisticelders
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2023, 10:32 am

I read something posted in somebody's home recently that suddenly explained a lot to me. I have been accused of being a know it all, too. By sharing information without asking if the person is seeking info first, it is not seen as helpful but as being critical of that person. the post I read said "unsolicited advice is a form of criticism". that really hit home with me and helped me see my "interesting information" from the other person's point of view. Oversharing is common among autistic people, it seems we don't easily get the cues that help us see we are giving "too much information". I am learning to ask myself if anybody asked for suggestions or more information before I make comments in any interactions these days. I wish I had learned this a long time ago. I am 71

"Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect.” Samuel Johnson

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2023, 10:44 am

I get the opposite - people tell me I don't know anything. It's true, I don't.