My younger sister thinks she's my older sister

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

DevilKisses
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2014, 3:45 pm

She always bosses me around and acts like she's more responsible. The only reason she is more "responsible" is because it's part of an act and she has excellent executive functioning. If she had my executive functioning she'd probably not even get out of bed and pee her pants. I bet if she could she would probably tell people she's my older sister. Luckily she's extremely short and innocent looking.

Dantac
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2014, 4:04 pm

The younger sibling always tries to best the older one whenever they can. Don't take it too personally.

Its important that you are aware of your differences with your sister though. It could be that you think or she seems more responsible because she is able to multi-task and communicate verbally better?

Generally speaking, the shorter the age difference between the two the more friction there is (competition).

daydreamer84
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2014, 6:54 pm

So does mine and she's taller than me and looks older too. Most people guess that she's older.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2014, 8:04 pm

My younger sister was the same way towards me until she was pregnant with my niece. I hated it and I felt very spiteful towards her and my parents who let her do it. There were times that I'd walk to the mall to spend an entire Saturday dressed in Mod fashion between the ages 20 and 22 to escape that Rain Man feeling.