confusing situation on dating site

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

OverlookHotel
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

06 Apr 2014, 9:18 am

I was messaging back and forth a couple of months ago with a woman and we seemed to be getting along great. She suggested we meet for a coffee, I responded to say that I would like to and asked when would be a good time. I never heard back from her. I assumed maybe I wasn't assertive enough or something...like I was supposed to suggest a day and time right off the bat instead of asking, or maybe someone better swooped in. Anyway, I was disappointed but just let it go. Now, a couple months later she just 'liked' one of my photos. I'd like to write her since we were getting along really well before, but now I'm not sure what to say - do I acknowledge that we were chatting before, or start as though nothing happened? I assume I shouldn't point out that she cut off the messaging before. It just seems like an awkward message to write since she cut off the communication before. Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

JanuaryMan
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2014, 9:26 am

"Hey, we never did go for that coffee. Do you like such and such place? I'm there x time and y time" (give options while calling the shots).

voltagesparks
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

06 Apr 2014, 11:00 am

You need to acknowledge that you spoke to her, don't let her get away with cutting you off or she might do it again. But I wouldn't push for that coffee date immediately, you don't know what changed in her life in the few months you haven't spoken. Ask about her life, some hobbies and interests of hers that you know from before. Show her you remember :)

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2014, 3:40 pm

JanuaryMan wrote:
"Hey, we never did go for that coffee. Do you like such and such place? I'm there x time and y time" (give options while calling the shots).

This. Or at least saying when you are in the area, perhaps not saying (what sounds like) you regularly hang out in a coffee shop alone. Unless you really do.