I take it the whole wrong planet conference idea is dead.

Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

DVCal
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2014, 10:36 am

Seeing how the thread has been deleted. We can all see now that the whole idea dead.

franknfurter
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2014, 10:39 am

what was the idea?

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2014, 11:06 am

What Wrong Planet conference?

linatet
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2014, 11:14 am

I would actually love the conference. Maybe they thought it would be too hard to organize it for autistics plus we would be very overwhelmed and meltdownsy

Eccles_the_Mighty
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2014, 11:40 am

The main problem with a conference is that we're all over the world. I'm in mainland Europe, there are lots of WP members in the UK and most of the membership seems to be in the USA. So where do we meet?

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2014, 11:46 am

Eccles_the_Mighty wrote:
The main problem with a conference is that we're all over the world. I'm in mainland Europe, there are lots of WP members in the UK and most of the membership seems to be in the USA. So where do we meet?

Easy, I've mapped out the location of all WP members and calculated the average minimum distance between us all and consequently we need to meet around 1367 miles east of New York in the Atlantic ocean. :P

linatet
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2014, 11:59 am

coooooool

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

07 Apr 2014, 12:05 pm

DVCal wrote:
Seeing how the thread has been deleted.
Not deleted - it's still floating around (last post was Apr 02 2014) and still stickied but for some reason it's not visible on the index page:
http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt180576.html
Maybe a post will revive it?

ETA: it did...

Last edited by Cornflake on 07 Apr 2014, 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OnPorpoise
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

07 Apr 2014, 12:17 pm

TallyMan wrote:
Easy, I've mapped out the location of all WP members and calculated the average minimum distance between us all and consequently we need to meet around 1367 miles east of New York in the Atlantic ocean. :P
Cool! And since we'll be outside any nation's jurisdiction we'll be able to gamble? And ...??? :twisted:

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2014, 1:33 pm

OnPorpoise wrote:
TallyMan wrote:
Cool! And since we'll be outside any nation's jurisdiction we'll be able to gamble? And ...??? :twisted:

a pint or two ...

vickygleitz
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2014, 1:41 pm

TallyMan wrote:
Eccles_the_Mighty wrote:

Will we all have to buy our own life vests,potable water, vaseline to spread on our bodies to prevent "pruniness" and first aid kits [for when the sharks start munching] or will that be included in the fee?

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2014, 1:42 pm

vickygleitz wrote:
TallyMan wrote:
Eccles_the_Mighty wrote:

Will we all have to buy our own life vests,potable water, vaseline to spread on our bodies to prevent "pruniness" and first aid kits [for when the sharks start munching] or will that be included in the fee?

Vaseline is optional, for specifics you'd better post on the Adult forum. :P

vickygleitz
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2014, 1:48 pm

Way back in September, someone told me that if I wanted a retreat or conference to put it together. So I did. We need mini retreats throughout the world and I would be happy to share with anyone what we did right and what we did wrong. And you can start so small. I mean a sleepover in a living room with 4 or 5 autistics, good food, a guitar and a few topics to discuss could be a start. Authaven was a little more elaborate than that, but if we had done the small sleepover first it probably would have been easier to then put together AutHaven.

linatet
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2014, 3:01 pm

we could sort People by location in order to organize mini retreats. I think that is a good idea. Then maybe state gatherings with 15 people or so.
unfortunately I don't know any other Brazilians in here :( just this guy in the other languages forum but he doesn't log in much.

mike_br
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

07 Apr 2014, 3:31 pm

I'm Brazilian, but I find the idea of "autistic sleep over" weird as ****.

Guess we're our own worst enemies in this account of organizing gatherings.

Max000
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2014, 3:38 pm

DVCal wrote:
Seeing how the thread has been deleted. We can all see now that the whole idea dead.

No, it's not dead. It will probably happen just in time for Alex to unveil the new WP website at it. Maybe around 2054, 2055? :lol: