how to find avatar pictures? how did you choose yours?

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

linatet
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2014, 4:39 pm

I am asking here because all pictures I wanted as avatars didn't fit the format. So I went to a forum avatar website and between cartoons and balancing boobs I found this one. Now I wanted to change it to something that fits me best but I can't find any. Help?

Moomingirl
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2014, 4:09 am

Find a picture that you love, or that represents you (Google is great for this). Save or copy it to your computer. Then reduce the size of the image until it fits in with Wrong Planet avatar size requirements. (I just kept reducing size, and then trying to change my avatar, until it accepted the size instead of giving me the 'avatar is too big' message).

I really like your avatar right now anyway. :)

EnglishJess
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2014, 4:34 am

As well as the size, you also have to watch out for the KB amount. You can change this by saving the image as a different kind, until it fits in with the site's requirements. It's annoying but it's got to be done.

linatet
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2014, 4:47 am

Moomingirl wrote:
Find a picture that you love, or that represents you (Google is great for this). Save or copy it to your computer. Then reduce the size of the image until it fits in with Wrong Planet avatar size requirements. (I just kept reducing size, and then trying to change my avatar, until it accepted the size instead of giving me the 'avatar is too big' message).

I really like your avatar right now anyway. :)

I like it too :), but it is too innocent and childlike. I wanted something that fits what I am feeling now which is a little more rebel. If for instance I want to say "go to hell!! !" this avatar doesn't fit with "go to hell!! !" :lol:

linatet
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2014, 4:48 am

EnglishJess wrote:
As well as the size, you also have to watch out for the KB amount. You can change this by saving the image as a different kind, until it fits in with the site's requirements. It's annoying but it's got to be done.

sorry for the ignorance but how do I change the picture kind or the KB quantity?

Eccles_the_Mighty
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2014, 12:10 pm

I'm a big fan of The Goons, Eccles is one of the characters, and the cartoon I use was drawn by Spike Milligan who does his voice in all the episodes.