21 Nov 2017, 10:02 pm

^ I do that with both games and books! :lol:

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

MariaTheFictionkin
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2017, 7:17 am

Sonic Forces. I've beaten it on the day it was released (...because the game is ridiculously short). And now I'm just working on 100% completing it along with 100% completing the Episode Shadow DLC. Although getting S ranks on Episode Shadow is crazy hard...

AquaineBay
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2017, 12:09 pm

Hyrule Warriors. I just like to go around beating things up with Lana(she is my favorite character in the game). I like that game because it's more strategic than other Warriors games, like Dynasty Warriors and Samurai Warriors. I like that bases actually matter and your allies can actually fight people.

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
and Wisdom to know the difference."

MissChess
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

07 Dec 2017, 4:39 pm

World of Warcraft, since 2006.

When I commit to a game, I really commit.

Almajo88
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Dec 2017, 6:17 pm

MariaTheFictionkin wrote:
Sonic Forces. I've beaten it on the day it was released (...because the game is ridiculously short). And now I'm just working on 100% completing it along with 100% completing the Episode Shadow DLC. Although getting S ranks on Episode Shadow is crazy hard...

I'm a big Sonic fan (I've finished every mainline game, including Shadow and '06) but I can't bring myself to 100% this game, those number and moon collectables amount to little more than tedious repetition given how limited the level design is in most stages (and in the case of the Classic Sonic stages, playing feels like some form of masochism)

What's your favourite stage? I think the final Modern Sonic stage (I forget the name) is the best. It's entirely made up of downhill areas overlooking multiple side-routes and little automation. Boosting over half the level and making unintended skips feels great, getting a sub-60s time feels great, and it's a weird anomaly in a game that otherwise has the worst level design of any of the boost games

SpaceQueen wrote:
I just finished Prey and I'm still playing Borderlands 2, The Evil Within and Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies. I have a terrible habit of starting new games before finishing others and I always end up playing loads at the same time :P

Prey is one of my GOTYs easily, Arkane's best game and I enjoyed that it presented an immersive world in which the characters and their personal stories were more important than the world; the station is presented as a place isolated from the more complex order of the Earth and under the authority of a few (very human) individuals, and although that is common in games with some of the trappings of an immersive sim (eg. Bioshock), it's rare for real immersive sims to take place in such a constrained setting. I'm replaying Deus Ex: Human Revolution at the moment and it's impressive the sheer quantity of text there is to read at the computer terminals, but I remain convinced that no human being in their right mind would choose to read every single email, even if the hacking game was completely removed. The Crew Quarters in Prey is the exact opposite, I couldn't stop reading and although the overall narrative of those emails was a little self-indulgent (they're all huge dorks who play D&D, surprise) they were at least established as individual characters. The scene in the bar was definitely the high-point of that level. I hope the poor sales don't discourage them because, as much as I enjoy Dishonored, I much prefer more grounded sims like this or Deus Ex.

Talking of, I'm currently playing Human Revolution, I then plan to move on to Mankind Divided. I played both already but I recently finished the A Criminal Past DLC from MD and it pushed me to play both games again. I also bought Dishonored: Death of the Outsider, which I plan to play soon and which will undoubtedly push me to reply Dishonored 2 again. I'm really annoyed that MD is unlikely to get a sequel any time soon, because of publisher meddling, and especially given that MD was very much unfinished and very, VERY clearly a prelude to a much more interesting story, because the publisher wanted a duology. Basically I refuse to buy another Square Enix published game until they release the next Deus Ex. I mean, it also had the worst writing that I have ever seen in a game, so I don't have much hope in *that* aspect of the new game, but they could at least TRY.

Instead, they'll be making some unwanted Marvel games, which is probably the biggest waste of talent imaginable (even for the writers, let's be honest)

MissChess wrote:
World of Warcraft, since 2006.

When I commit to a game, I really commit.

Chess to World of Warcraft is a pretty big step down, though, isn't it? That's like leaving your academic papers on the bus in exchange for a copy of the local newspaper.

MariaTheFictionkin
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2017, 6:26 pm

Almajo88 wrote:

I'm a big Sonic fan (I've finished every mainline game, including Shadow and '06) but I can't bring myself to 100% this game, those number and moon collectables amount to little more than tedious repetition given how limited the level design is in most stages (and in the case of the Classic Sonic stages, playing feels like some form of masochism)

What's your favourite stage? I think the final Modern Sonic stage (I forget the name) is the best. It's entirely made up of downhill areas overlooking multiple side-routes and little automation. Boosting over half the level and making unintended skips feels great, getting a sub-60s time feels great, and it's a weird anomaly in a game that otherwise has the worst level design of any of the boost games

It's not really something I'm comfortable talking about... due to my personal attachment I have with the series... :/ I don't know how to explain it, it's just something I don't like getting too much into with people in terms of game-play and lore unless depending on the situation.

Though it makes me feel like a hypocrite mentioning that I like the series, assuming that no one would ask me questions about it.

Almajo88
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Dec 2017, 7:14 pm

Almajo88 wrote:

It's not really something I'm comfortable talking about... due to my personal attachment I have with the series... :/ I don't know how to explain it, it's just something I don't like getting too much into with people in terms of game-play and lore unless depending on the situation.

Though it makes me feel like a hypocrite mentioning that I like the series, assuming that no one would ask me questions about it.

Ha, it's okay. I'm a huge dweeb when it comes to Sonic; I play even the bad games because of some sort of nostalgia, so I felt like I had to ask a little about it. Besides, there aren't enough people in these threads who ask about the games others talk about, in my opinion; people simply monologue about their latest games and don't engage, whereas I feel compelled to ask about this stuff, to have a conversation.

Whatever it is, you don't have to say anything. What I'll say is that I wish I could like Forces more than I do. I desperately wanted a good boost game to complement the INCREDIBLE Sonic Mania.

alemteodros
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

30 Nov 2019, 9:08 am

Hungry Shark Evolution a shark that can walk on land, shoot lasers and crush everything on its path.

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2019, 3:55 am

All the Half Life games, in preparation for Half Life Alyx. Achievements were added since I last played, so I'm trying to get those too. The first game hasn't aged that well, the finicky jumping and anything to do with ladders is a pain. Still fun though. The HL2 games surprisingly feel still fairly modern. Current day FPS games really feel like they haven't changed much from HL2, only improving the visuals.

MiRnAWuu
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

16 Dec 2019, 4:46 pm

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2019, 5:01 pm

Pokemon Sword.

And Merge Dragons on my phone.

Playing some Sims too, trying to get a batch of Sims ready for University, an expansion I will hopefully be getting for Christmas.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

AquaineBay
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2019, 11:01 pm

I have been playing Monster Super League on my phone. Helping my clan, training astromons(the monsters in the game you catch) and trying to get gold(which takes a while). Can't progress much due to not having a particular item that only appears on fridays and Sundays. I'm patient though so I can wait!

Played Yu-Gi-Oh Duel links earlier today and finally was able to complete my Madolche deck(favorite archetype in the game). It's in beta right now cause I don't have all the cards but, hopefully soon... and they finally need to add Red Nova Dragon!

I'm thinking about getting back to Fire Emblem: Awakening but, I don't know the characters kind of bore me, honestly it's like they seem like they have no life outside of being your avatar's potential wife/husband. The support conversations I seen so far are kind of boring too.

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
and Wisdom to know the difference."

charkie
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Dec 2019, 12:40 am

MiRnAWuu wrote:
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky

I love that series. Estelle is my BFF

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2019, 1:49 am

Giana sisters twisted dreams owltimate edition

New Super Lucky's Tale

both are very fun and addictive platformers, and both have lovely graphics

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

SecretOpossumCabal
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Dec 2019, 1:15 pm

Skyrim VR. Freakin hell, I'm having a blast, having a workout while playing a good videogame is thrilling. Also my leg muscles are getting pretty strong as you're really stressing a lot of muscles you wouldn't normally work when you're crouching around in physical sneak mode -- so fun!

Just need to get an additional battery for my Vive Wireless as it dies in about 1 hour and 30 minutes of gaming and takes forever to recharge.

charkie
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Dec 2019, 9:29 pm

I learned of the mod for Umineko that adapts it to be like the PS3 release, with actual background artwork (ie. not low-res photographs with a filter applied and the contrast jacked up) plus voices and new character art. And the ADV mode that shows you who is speaking (though, to the game's credit, the characters are generally distinct enough that this wasn't an issue). I'm not one to give up, so I will at least attempt to finish the Question Arc.

My first impression is that I like the new background art a lot and I wish I'd known this was an option from the beginning. My second impression is that the new character art is more bland and lacks expression - in particular I liked how much of an as*hole Batōra looked in the Steam release art and now he looks like a bad anime hero - though it is at least clean and consistent with the overall presentation.

I've also been playing Sekiro and got to NG +7. Isshin is a joy to fight each time and so is Owl. I'm planning to finally finish upgrading all my weapons on this playthrough, which will grant me the final achievements.

OH and I'm playing Fairy Fencer F: Dark Advent to fulfill my inate desire to consume trash

Edit: skipping through the text that I already read in Umineko ep 4 is reminding me why I quit it before, so I think I'm going to play by "witches don't exist" rules – any non-game scenes get skipped. For my own sanity's sake.