Page 3 of 4 [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2014, 2:31 pm

Most people grumble about taxes and don't agree with how tax revenue is spent but they grudgingly accept it, anyway. What really pisses people off is to see or know of able bodied/able minded individuals that even in the best of job markets would rather do nothing but find new ways to game the system than to make a living via employment. It doesnt really matter what small percentage of tax money is spent on them, it's the principle of it that bugs the s**t out of them.

Stannis
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2014, 3:52 pm

Raptor wrote:
Most people grumble about taxes and don't agree with how tax revenue is spent but they grudgingly accept it, anyway. What really pisses people off is to see or know of able bodied/able minded individuals that even in the best of job markets would rather do nothing but find new ways to game the system than to make a living via employment. It doesnt really matter what small percentage of tax money is spent on them, it's the principle of it that bugs the sh** out of them.

You're responding to propaganda there. It's in the interests of individual businesses to have high unemployment to make the employees position more precarious. Given that this is a business run society, we will never have full employment. Having a few people who are happy to be on (beneath) subsistence benefits, free's up the job's for those of us who actually want them. It works, and it seems to me that feeling hatred for those lazy guys just plays into the hands of those who want welfare to end so that the workforce becomes more desperate and exploitable.

Last edited by Stannis on 10 Apr 2014, 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2014, 3:59 pm

Stannis wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Most people grumble about taxes and don't agree with how tax revenue is spent but they grudgingly accept it, anyway. What really pisses people off is to see or know of able bodied/able minded individuals that even in the best of job markets would rather do nothing but find new ways to game the system than to make a living via employment. It doesnt really matter what small percentage of tax money is spent on them, it's the principle of it that bugs the sh** out of them.

You're responding to propaganda there. It's in the interests of individual businesses to have high unemployment to make the employees position more precarious. Given that this is a business run society, we will never have full employment. Having a few people who are happy to be on (beneath) subsistence benefits, free's up the job's for those of us who actually want them. It works, and it seems to me that feeling hatred for those lazy guys just plays into the hands of those who want social security to end so that the workforce becomes more desperate and exploitable.

Yea right; it's all a bourgeois conspiracy to keep the proletariat under the iron boot-heel of capitalism.
How could I be so dense.......
:roll: :roll:

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2014, 11:39 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEZSbDxPopk[/youtube]Raptor when hes in PPR!

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2014, 11:58 pm

Raptor wrote:

The whole thing is those are in the minority of welfare recipients, as I said before you don't get that much money from being on disability and food stamps or other welfare.....so why would a large majority of people be scamming the system for welfare when its hardly enough to even live on. It pisses me off if people do fake and crap because it takes resources from people who need them....but simply don't see how getting rid of taxation and social welfare programs would help anything.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2014, 12:07 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
Raptor wrote:

The whole thing is those are in the minority of welfare recipients, as I said before you don't get that much money from being on disability and food stamps or other welfare.....so why would a large majority of people be scamming the system for welfare when its hardly enough to even live on. It pisses me off if people do fake and crap because it takes resources from people who need them....but simply don't see how getting rid of taxation and social welfare programs would help anything.

Myself included, I don't think the average conservative is against taxation since it is a necessary evil. Nor are we against welfare programs since it's pretty much impossible not to have them in a country of this population. It's the abuse of the system that pisses us of. I've said this several times.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2014, 12:13 am

AspieOtaku wrote:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEZSbDxPopk[/youtube]Raptor when hes in PPR!

If the eagle is supposed to be me, it does illustrate the stoopidity of those I argue against here.
Keep 'em coming. :D

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2014, 12:19 am

Raptor wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Raptor wrote:

Myself included, I don't think the average conservative is against taxation since it is a necessary evil. Nor are we against welfare programs since it's pretty much impossible not to have them in a country of this population. It's the abuse of the system that pisses us of. I've said this several times.

Abuse of the system pisses me off to, as like I said it takes resources from people who need it...but what can be done about that, seems like scam artists and fakes wont go away unless humanity dies off.

Stannis
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2014, 12:27 am

Raptor wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Raptor wrote:

Conservative business interests market their agenda by using identity politics, in order to get the working man to eat whatever crap is put in front of him without complaint.

sonofghandi
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2014, 7:08 am

Raptor wrote:
Nor are we against welfare programs since it's pretty much impossible not to have them in a country of this population. It's the abuse of the system that pisses us of. I've said this several times.

Perhaps most conservatives in your area believe that, but not around here. I know that every single member of my large family (with the exception of 2 of my sisters and 1 cousin) is staunchly in favor of a total elimination of welfare, food assistance, and unemployment benefits. Most are against Medicare and social security as well. The funny thing is that most of them are huge fans of farm subsidies (you know, the government handout that they get for owning "farmland"). I also found similar attitudes towards government assistance when I lived in Florida (with the exception of SS and Medicare) and Virginia (with the exception of unemployment). I will say Connecticut was very much in line with your statement, though.

adb
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2014, 8:31 am

Stannis wrote:
It's in the interests of individual businesses to have high unemployment to make the employees position more precarious. Given that this is a business run society, we will never have full employment. Having a few people who are happy to be on (beneath) subsistence benefits, free's up the job's for those of us who actually want them. It works, and it seems to me that feeling hatred for those lazy guys just plays into the hands of those who want welfare to end so that the workforce becomes more desperate and exploitable.

Why would I want high unemployment? So it's easy for me to exploit and underpay my employees? This is ridiculous. The benefit I would get from a high supply of labor is completely irrelevant compared to the benefit I get from a strong economy with low unemployment.

Try running a business sometime and see the difference between when the economy is doing well and when it's doing poorly. Having to pay more for qualified people due to a labor shortage is far better than having a shortage of people willing to spend money.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2014, 9:34 am

Raptor wrote:
AspieOtaku wrote:

If the eagle is supposed to be me, it does illustrate the stoopidity of those I argue against here.

So you think a difference of opinion equals stupidity?Yeah.....

Stannis
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2014, 10:41 am

adb wrote:
Stannis wrote:
It's in the interests of individual businesses to have high unemployment to make the employees position more precarious. Given that this is a business run society, we will never have full employment. Having a few people who are happy to be on (beneath) subsistence benefits, free's up the job's for those of us who actually want them. It works, and it seems to me that feeling hatred for those lazy guys just plays into the hands of those who want welfare to end so that the workforce becomes more desperate and exploitable.

Why would I want high unemployment? So it's easy for me to exploit and underpay my employees? This is ridiculous. The benefit I would get from a high supply of labor is completely irrelevant compared to the benefit I get from a strong economy with low unemployment.

Try running a business sometime and see the difference between when the economy is doing well and when it's doing poorly. Having to pay more for qualified people due to a labor shortage is far better than having a shortage of people willing to spend money.

Quote:
The real answer, I think, is they and their patrons want unemployment to remain high and job-growth to sputter. Why? Three reasons:

First, high unemployment keeps wages down. Workers who are worried about losing their jobs settle for whatever they can get -- which is why hourly earnings keep dropping. The median wage is now 4 percent lower than it was at the start of the recovery. Low wages help boost corporate profits, thereby keeping the regressives' corporate sponsors happy.

Second, high unemployment fuels the bull market on Wall Street. That's because the Fed is committed to buying long-term bonds as long as unemployment remains high. This keeps bond yields low and pushes investors into equities -- which helps boosts executive pay and Wall Street commissions, thereby keeping regressives' financial sponsors happy.

Third, high unemployment keeps most Americans economically fearful and financially insecure. This sets them up to believe regressive lies -- that their biggest worry should be that "big government" will tax away the little they have and give it to "undeserving" minorities; that they should support low taxes on corporations and wealthy "job creators;" and that new immigrants threaten their jobs.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/robert-re ... 03612.html

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2014, 11:33 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Raptor wrote:

Abuse of the system pisses me off to, as like I said it takes resources from people who need it...but what can be done about that, seems like scam artists and fakes wont go away unless humanity dies off.

/\
If I responded to this I would, in effect, just be repeating myself again, to which you'd, in effect, repeat yourself again, then I'd, in effect, repeat myself again, etc....

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2014, 11:42 am

Misslizard wrote:
Raptor wrote:
AspieOtaku wrote:

So you think a difference of opinion equals stupidity?Yeah.....

Did I say stupidity?
Read again:
Raptor wrote:

"Stoopidity" isn't a word. I might be guilty of gibberish, but technically you've made a false accusations based on it.
Btw, I love the uniform you portrayed me in.
:P

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2014, 12:04 pm

I thought you couldn't spell. :P
Found this the other day,thought you'd get a kick out of it if you haven't seen it already.