Page 4 of 4 [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Feb 2012
Age: 38
Gender: Male
Posts: 13,051
Location: San Jose

10 Apr 2014, 11:39 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEZSbDxPopk[/youtube]Raptor when hes in PPR!


_________________
Your Aspie score is 193 of 200
Your neurotypical score is 40 of 200
You are very likely an aspie
No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList


Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 6 Jan 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 31,224
Location: Somewhere in Colorado

10 Apr 2014, 11:58 pm

Raptor wrote:
Most people grumble about taxes and don't agree with how tax revenue is spent but they grudgingly accept it, anyway. What really pisses people off is to see or know of able bodied/able minded individuals that even in the best of job markets would rather do nothing but find new ways to game the system than to make a living via employment. It doesnt really matter what small percentage of tax money is spent on them, it's the principle of it that bugs the sh** out of them.


The whole thing is those are in the minority of welfare recipients, as I said before you don't get that much money from being on disability and food stamps or other welfare.....so why would a large majority of people be scamming the system for welfare when its hardly enough to even live on. It pisses me off if people do fake and crap because it takes resources from people who need them....but simply don't see how getting rid of taxation and social welfare programs would help anything.



Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Mar 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,694
Location: Southeast U.S.A.

11 Apr 2014, 12:07 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Most people grumble about taxes and don't agree with how tax revenue is spent but they grudgingly accept it, anyway. What really pisses people off is to see or know of able bodied/able minded individuals that even in the best of job markets would rather do nothing but find new ways to game the system than to make a living via employment. It doesnt really matter what small percentage of tax money is spent on them, it's the principle of it that bugs the sh** out of them.


The whole thing is those are in the minority of welfare recipients, as I said before you don't get that much money from being on disability and food stamps or other welfare.....so why would a large majority of people be scamming the system for welfare when its hardly enough to even live on. It pisses me off if people do fake and crap because it takes resources from people who need them....but simply don't see how getting rid of taxation and social welfare programs would help anything.


Myself included, I don't think the average conservative is against taxation since it is a necessary evil. Nor are we against welfare programs since it's pretty much impossible not to have them in a country of this population. It's the abuse of the system that pisses us of. I've said this several times.


_________________
“Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views.”
- William F. Buckley


Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Mar 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,694
Location: Southeast U.S.A.

11 Apr 2014, 12:13 am

AspieOtaku wrote:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEZSbDxPopk[/youtube]Raptor when hes in PPR!


If the eagle is supposed to be me, it does illustrate the stoopidity of those I argue against here.
Keep 'em coming. :D


_________________
“Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views.”
- William F. Buckley


Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 6 Jan 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 31,224
Location: Somewhere in Colorado

11 Apr 2014, 12:19 am

Raptor wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Most people grumble about taxes and don't agree with how tax revenue is spent but they grudgingly accept it, anyway. What really pisses people off is to see or know of able bodied/able minded individuals that even in the best of job markets would rather do nothing but find new ways to game the system than to make a living via employment. It doesnt really matter what small percentage of tax money is spent on them, it's the principle of it that bugs the sh** out of them.


The whole thing is those are in the minority of welfare recipients, as I said before you don't get that much money from being on disability and food stamps or other welfare.....so why would a large majority of people be scamming the system for welfare when its hardly enough to even live on. It pisses me off if people do fake and crap because it takes resources from people who need them....but simply don't see how getting rid of taxation and social welfare programs would help anything.


Myself included, I don't think the average conservative is against taxation since it is a necessary evil. Nor are we against welfare programs since it's pretty much impossible not to have them in a country of this population. It's the abuse of the system that pisses us of. I've said this several times.


Abuse of the system pisses me off to, as like I said it takes resources from people who need it...but what can be done about that, seems like scam artists and fakes wont go away unless humanity dies off.



Stannis
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 19 Jan 2014
Age: 39
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,631

11 Apr 2014, 12:27 am

Raptor wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Most people grumble about taxes and don't agree with how tax revenue is spent but they grudgingly accept it, anyway. What really pisses people off is to see or know of able bodied/able minded individuals that even in the best of job markets would rather do nothing but find new ways to game the system than to make a living via employment. It doesnt really matter what small percentage of tax money is spent on them, it's the principle of it that bugs the sh** out of them.


The whole thing is those are in the minority of welfare recipients, as I said before you don't get that much money from being on disability and food stamps or other welfare.....so why would a large majority of people be scamming the system for welfare when its hardly enough to even live on. It pisses me off if people do fake and crap because it takes resources from people who need them....but simply don't see how getting rid of taxation and social welfare programs would help anything.


Myself included, I don't think the average conservative is against taxation since it is a necessary evil. Nor are we against welfare programs since it's pretty much impossible not to have them in a country of this population. It's the abuse of the system that pisses us of. I've said this several times.


Conservative business interests market their agenda by using identity politics, in order to get the working man to eat whatever crap is put in front of him without complaint.



sonofghandi
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Apr 2007
Age: 41
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,540
Location: Cleveland, OH (and not the nice part)

11 Apr 2014, 7:08 am

Raptor wrote:
Nor are we against welfare programs since it's pretty much impossible not to have them in a country of this population. It's the abuse of the system that pisses us of. I've said this several times.


Perhaps most conservatives in your area believe that, but not around here. I know that every single member of my large family (with the exception of 2 of my sisters and 1 cousin) is staunchly in favor of a total elimination of welfare, food assistance, and unemployment benefits. Most are against Medicare and social security as well. The funny thing is that most of them are huge fans of farm subsidies (you know, the government handout that they get for owning "farmland"). I also found similar attitudes towards government assistance when I lived in Florida (with the exception of SS and Medicare) and Virginia (with the exception of unemployment). I will say Connecticut was very much in line with your statement, though.


_________________
"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently" -Nietzsche


adb
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Aug 2012
Age: 49
Gender: Male
Posts: 532

11 Apr 2014, 8:31 am

Stannis wrote:
It's in the interests of individual businesses to have high unemployment to make the employees position more precarious. Given that this is a business run society, we will never have full employment. Having a few people who are happy to be on (beneath) subsistence benefits, free's up the job's for those of us who actually want them. It works, and it seems to me that feeling hatred for those lazy guys just plays into the hands of those who want welfare to end so that the workforce becomes more desperate and exploitable.

Why would I want high unemployment? So it's easy for me to exploit and underpay my employees? This is ridiculous. The benefit I would get from a high supply of labor is completely irrelevant compared to the benefit I get from a strong economy with low unemployment.

Try running a business sometime and see the difference between when the economy is doing well and when it's doing poorly. Having to pay more for qualified people due to a labor shortage is far better than having a shortage of people willing to spend money.



Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Age: 56
Gender: Female
Posts: 14,130
Location: Aux Arcs

11 Apr 2014, 9:34 am

Raptor wrote:
AspieOtaku wrote:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEZSbDxPopk[/youtube]Raptor when hes in PPR!


If the eagle is supposed to be me, it does illustrate the stoopidity of those I argue against here.
Keep 'em coming. :D

So you think a difference of opinion equals stupidity?Yeah.....
Image


_________________
"Security is mostly a superstition.It does not exist in nature,nor do the children of men as a whole experience it.Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure.Life is either a daring adventure,or nothing." Helen Keller


Stannis
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 19 Jan 2014
Age: 39
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,631

11 Apr 2014, 10:41 am

adb wrote:
Stannis wrote:
It's in the interests of individual businesses to have high unemployment to make the employees position more precarious. Given that this is a business run society, we will never have full employment. Having a few people who are happy to be on (beneath) subsistence benefits, free's up the job's for those of us who actually want them. It works, and it seems to me that feeling hatred for those lazy guys just plays into the hands of those who want welfare to end so that the workforce becomes more desperate and exploitable.

Why would I want high unemployment? So it's easy for me to exploit and underpay my employees? This is ridiculous. The benefit I would get from a high supply of labor is completely irrelevant compared to the benefit I get from a strong economy with low unemployment.

Try running a business sometime and see the difference between when the economy is doing well and when it's doing poorly. Having to pay more for qualified people due to a labor shortage is far better than having a shortage of people willing to spend money.


Quote:
The real answer, I think, is they and their patrons want unemployment to remain high and job-growth to sputter. Why? Three reasons:

First, high unemployment keeps wages down. Workers who are worried about losing their jobs settle for whatever they can get -- which is why hourly earnings keep dropping. The median wage is now 4 percent lower than it was at the start of the recovery. Low wages help boost corporate profits, thereby keeping the regressives' corporate sponsors happy.

Second, high unemployment fuels the bull market on Wall Street. That's because the Fed is committed to buying long-term bonds as long as unemployment remains high. This keeps bond yields low and pushes investors into equities -- which helps boosts executive pay and Wall Street commissions, thereby keeping regressives' financial sponsors happy.

Third, high unemployment keeps most Americans economically fearful and financially insecure. This sets them up to believe regressive lies -- that their biggest worry should be that "big government" will tax away the little they have and give it to "undeserving" minorities; that they should support low taxes on corporations and wealthy "job creators;" and that new immigrants threaten their jobs.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/robert-re ... 03612.html



Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Mar 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,694
Location: Southeast U.S.A.

11 Apr 2014, 11:33 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Most people grumble about taxes and don't agree with how tax revenue is spent but they grudgingly accept it, anyway. What really pisses people off is to see or know of able bodied/able minded individuals that even in the best of job markets would rather do nothing but find new ways to game the system than to make a living via employment. It doesnt really matter what small percentage of tax money is spent on them, it's the principle of it that bugs the sh** out of them.


The whole thing is those are in the minority of welfare recipients, as I said before you don't get that much money from being on disability and food stamps or other welfare.....so why would a large majority of people be scamming the system for welfare when its hardly enough to even live on. It pisses me off if people do fake and crap because it takes resources from people who need them....but simply don't see how getting rid of taxation and social welfare programs would help anything.


Myself included, I don't think the average conservative is against taxation since it is a necessary evil. Nor are we against welfare programs since it's pretty much impossible not to have them in a country of this population. It's the abuse of the system that pisses us of. I've said this several times.


Abuse of the system pisses me off to, as like I said it takes resources from people who need it...but what can be done about that, seems like scam artists and fakes wont go away unless humanity dies off.


/\
If I responded to this I would, in effect, just be repeating myself again, to which you'd, in effect, repeat yourself again, then I'd, in effect, repeat myself again, etc....


_________________
“Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views.”
- William F. Buckley


Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Mar 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,694
Location: Southeast U.S.A.

11 Apr 2014, 11:42 am

Misslizard wrote:
Raptor wrote:
AspieOtaku wrote:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEZSbDxPopk[/youtube]Raptor when hes in PPR!


If the eagle is supposed to be me, it does illustrate the stoopidity of those I argue against here.
Keep 'em coming. :D

So you think a difference of opinion equals stupidity?Yeah.....
Image

Did I say stupidity?
Read again:
Raptor wrote:
If the eagle is supposed to be me, it does illustrate the stoopidity of those I argue against here.


"Stoopidity" isn't a word. I might be guilty of gibberish, but technically you've made a false accusations based on it.
Btw, I love the uniform you portrayed me in.
:P


_________________
“Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views.”
- William F. Buckley


Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Age: 56
Gender: Female
Posts: 14,130
Location: Aux Arcs

11 Apr 2014, 12:04 pm

I thought you couldn't spell. :P
Found this the other day,thought you'd get a kick out of it if you haven't seen it already.
Image


_________________
"Security is mostly a superstition.It does not exist in nature,nor do the children of men as a whole experience it.Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure.Life is either a daring adventure,or nothing." Helen Keller


Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Mar 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,694
Location: Southeast U.S.A.

12 Apr 2014, 10:46 am

Der panthermann wird davon blau
Wie’s Aussre einer H, dv
Dach ihre innerliche schlauheite
Erreicht er spielend in der blauheite
Er schwebt in hoherin regionen
Und ringsom wimmelt’s von patronen
Wenn er dann aus dem rausch erwacht
Ist ihm schlafe beigebracht
Was unbedingt man wissen muss


This is the best I could come up with and it doesn't make much sense. There's not just the difference in words, terminology, and some letters, but German syntax is different than English and that hoses things up. It especially hoses it up when you don't know and/or are not sure of all the words and even the intent.
This is all the time I'm going to piss away on it.

The Panther man becomes blue
Like azure of an H, division roof his internal cleverness achieved by him playing in blue skies.
He floats in higher regions and around it is swarming with bullets.
If he then from him rush has awoken to him.
What sleep teaches one absolutely must know


_________________
“Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views.”
- William F. Buckley


Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Age: 56
Gender: Female
Posts: 14,130
Location: Aux Arcs

12 Apr 2014, 11:11 am

There were eight more pages,it was from a tank manual,some of the pictures were actually funny.One had an exploding outhouse.I thought that sort of thing only happened here on Halloween.


_________________
"Security is mostly a superstition.It does not exist in nature,nor do the children of men as a whole experience it.Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure.Life is either a daring adventure,or nothing." Helen Keller