Page 3 of 3 [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2014, 12:46 pm

Actually they do have a physical church up there in Kansas near Topeka somewheres. They put pictures of its marquee in their Twitter feed. I don't know how they keep people from disrupting their service. Do they lock the doors? Are the public even allowed inside?
I read somebody put their Rainbow House right across the street from their compound or church or something.

#thankGodforRainbowHouses

hahaha

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2014, 8:50 pm

I honestly believe now Westboro Baptists is made up of sado-masochists who thrive on giving and receiving pain. They plan on a protests at Umass on 4/16 and were issued this letter:

http://www.hercampus.com/school/u-mass- ... gned-umass

like a warning to stay away and yet they tweeted they will be there and clearly no one is interested in their message at this university.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2014, 9:34 pm

They are sickos.If they were really interested in doing what Jesus would want,they would be driving the elderly to doctor appointments,bringing food to the sick,helping build homes for the homeless instead of wasting time and gas to harass people.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2014, 10:08 pm

Reading your post, MissLizard, I had to go check out their page to see if they bothered to list any "good works" sure enough I couldn't find any at all. Nothing but their pickets are listed.
I brought up their obsession with the town I live they toned down. I am going to tweet and ask if there's a list of their good works anywhere.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2014, 10:24 pm

Have you ever checked this out? :D Satire mocking them.A good laugh.
http://www.landoverbaptist.org

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2014, 10:33 pm

Misslizard wrote:
Have you ever checked this out? :D Satire mocking them.A good laugh.
http://www.landoverbaptist.org

Hehehe.

We used to have this man who would come to Moore and he had this homemade ventriloquist's dummy. He carried it on his shoulders and it had a lever that he manipulated its mouth with while he held a loudspeaker and talked through it. A lot of Bible stuff. He would stand on street corners and it was eerie as get-out. It just looked really weird. I couldn't understand what he said but it was quite a spectacle.
Put it in perspective. WBC isn't much different from this guy or the Jesus on the Street Ministry in OKC. It's all the same type of bs, people standing around screaming their version of the Bible. When you think about it, that's all Westboro does. They are no different that those street preachers that most people just ignore. They could be easy to just ignore.

Sometimes, you just gotta laugh at the joke.

Like in Moore for instance, there was a counter protest but what if they just stood out there for thirty minutes, that's all they had, and people just drove by and no one paid them any attention. In thirty minutes gone, no bad feelings, no whining, wailing, misery. They can't accuse anyone of infringing on their rights. Who cares what they think? If they think this and that, let them. They have the right to think what they want.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2014, 3:04 am

Just burn their church down anonymously leaving no evidence and get it over with! I really dispise those pricks.

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2014, 9:19 am

I'm sure they have really good insurance.They would just rebuild.

Moviefan2k4
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2014, 11:09 am

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
Can it be done?

I started a new campaign. Love Westboro. Let's bring 'em in from the cold!
Its a noble goal, but you can't help people who won't admit they need it.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2014, 1:59 pm

Misslizard wrote:
I'm sure they have really good insurance.They would just rebuild.
Thats when it must get burned down right after it gets rebuilt time and time again until they can no longer afford the insurance! I wish they could have a one way ticket to Antarctica so they can be hateful all they want forever alone in the frigid cold!

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2014, 7:09 pm

I've been learning more about Westboro and they are the real deal. People say they are just haters or they want to sue and get money so they stage these pickets but it isn't quite so simple.
I thought they were too hateful but they only appear that way because they believe in the Old Testament God and he is angry and vengeful, demanding people obey His laws. So when you think of them in terms of that, they are not really hateful, just very religious and true believers in what it says in the Old Testament.
First, we must remember, they are Christians and they have the right to believe what they want even if you do not agree with it. We all have the right to decide what we think and believe.
Second, they believe strongly in the old Testament God and that He is the same God of the New and Jesus was around in the Old Testament, most specifically, when Lot's wife was turned to salt for looking at the destruction of a doomed city God destroyed because of evil sin that ran rampant. Understand this and you understand their motive for these pickets. They are not trying to shock and upset. They honestly believe God will punish people for sin and destroy cities for it just like God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah. They honestly believe it and they think the more immoral US becomes, the more doomed until one day, it will be completely destroyed.
So after listening to them more, I realize they do have the right to believe what they want and they have the right express themselves even if you disagree. They have the right to say what they think.
As far as disagreeing with them in public, YES the public has the right to do that. Just respect the law and don't get crazy. What happened here is, they didn't get to protest, they were run off, and they strongly resent it. So I would say yell at them but don't rush at them or anything like that. Just let them stay and picket and go. They have that right, even if you disagree. And I would tell everyone at UMass, disagree, but don't run them off or try to harm them. Yell at them, make noise, disagree with them, but let them stay for their protest and then go on their merry way.