Page 2 of 3 [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2014, 12:54 pm

I cant give them love I just cant I would just troll them back and laugh at them! Id mess with them door to door athiest style and do a powerpoint pointing out that god doesnt exist and that they are wasting their time! Then I will bring up evolution! Then I will laugh at them that they cant prove god exists.

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2014, 1:09 pm

AspieOtaku wrote:
I cant give them love I just cant I would just troll them back and laugh at them! Id mess with them door to door athiest style and do a powerpoint pointing out that god doesnt exist and that they are wasting their time! Then I will bring up evolution! Then I will laugh at them that they cant prove god exists.

You know, Otaku, it's been pointed out Westboro actually likes dialogue with atheists over Christians from other churches! I've been doing a little research. Westboro picketed a prayer group where atheists were also picketing and the two groups got along and had meaningful conversations, according to the atheists, that is! So maybe they wouldn't mind if an atheist went door to door. They seem to prefer them to other Christians. They see most Christians as false and pseudo, that's why. They think of themselves as the true believers who preach the way Jesus preached and when you run Westboro out of town you are actually running Jesus out. They ask why Moore "ran Jesus out of town."

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2014, 1:50 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
AspieOtaku wrote:

You know, Otaku, it's been pointed out Westboro actually likes dialogue with atheists over Christians from other churches! I've been doing a little research. Westboro picketed a prayer group where atheists were also picketing and the two groups got along and had meaningful conversations, according to the atheists, that is! So maybe they wouldn't mind if an atheist went door to door. They seem to prefer them to other Christians. They see most Christians as false and pseudo, that's why. They think of themselves as the true believers who preach the way Jesus preached and when you run Westboro out of town you are actually running Jesus out. They ask why Moore "ran Jesus out of town."
Ill have Richard Dawkins and Bill Nye Accompany me :twisted:

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

Metalwolf
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2014, 1:50 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
AspieOtaku wrote:

Yes, that is what I'm thinking too.

Also I'd also add that when secular gay/lesbians go up next to them and start kissing, it really isn't being helpful, and actually makes them retreat further into their sense of persecution and their attendant heretical views. It would be like eating pork in front of Islamic radicals to protest their beliefs. It doesn't work and is actually making things worse, and they'd feel only more glad that they are standing up to the 'infidels' and not bowing down to secular reasoning.

But yeah, they love atheists. You guys aren't considered 'tainted' by 'false beliefs' and so are considered 'workable.' We 'false' Christians would simply get the boot or the cold shoulder.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2014, 4:57 pm

YES I read their Twitter feed and of course people answer their hate with hate and it's to be expected. However, it only reinforces their belief they are true Christians and the world is persecuting them for being so in these end days. They are obsessed with Revelation as much as they are Moore, OK. It's a virulent obsession of theirs. Tornadoes, natural disasters and Revelation/Apocalypse.
They obsessively seek events in the media to vindicate their belief God's wrath is placed upon evil, wayward mankind. People who oppose them are lawless mobs in their eyes. They are the true righteous. So it just forces them back further and further into their obsession and belief cycle.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2014, 8:04 pm

I wonder if a tornado hits their compound,how will they explain that.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2014, 8:08 pm

MissLizzard, I have been paying so close attention to Westboro lately I know exactly what they will say! THANK GOD FOR THAT TORNADO!! !
It is their response to any tragedy anywhere. It is a knee jerk reaction with Westboro.
However they did not say Thank God Fred Phelps died, so maybe they really do see themselves as true Saints unworthy of any calamity?

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2014, 8:13 pm

You're most likely right,they'll say something like "the tornado opened their eyes to Gods mercy"or something to that effect.
I'd like to see it suck them to OZ and then they all get carried off by flying monkeys. :twisted:
That would be awesome.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2014, 8:27 pm

I get the feeling we aren't in Kansas anymore, Toto.

ValentineWiggin
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2014, 2:19 am

I dunno if I buy that hate can be "healed" with love, but it's definitely taking the high road.

to his Interest."

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2014, 5:10 am

Id just tell them god cant be mad if he isn't real!

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2014, 5:26 am

AspieOtaku wrote:
Id just tell them god cant be mad if he isn't real!

If you did they would just start listing endless examples of God's wrath.

Why doesn't anyone ever say Thank God For That Rainbow House?

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2014, 6:04 am

But seriously, the main thing between Westboro and the atheists is most likely a fierce belief in Freedom of Speech. Meek and Mild special interest groups that attempt to quell this right are loathed by both Westboro and the atheists so any group that fiercely defends this fundamental freedom could be appreciated by them.
Btw has anyone ever considered freedoom?

neilson_wheels
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2014, 7:24 am

Free doom, I'd be quite happy to give them some.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2014, 10:57 am

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
But seriously, the main thing between Westboro and the atheists is most likely a fierce belief in Freedom of Speech. Meek and Mild special interest groups that attempt to quell this right are loathed by both Westboro and the atheists so any group that fiercely defends this fundamental freedom could be appreciated by them.
Btw has anyone ever considered freedoom?

Hadnt thought of that. I can see why atheists might like the Westboroers. The WBers give Christianity a bad name. But why the WBers would like atheists is a puzzle. But all fringe groups (Nazis, the KKK, and fringe religous groups, and the antireligous, do have a common interest in defending free speech.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2014, 12:45 pm

What if I showed up at their church cosplayed as Satan and told them they did a bang up job spreading hatred worldwide?