Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Apr 2014, 10:03 pm

I am still working on my own science fiction series. :D

Please click here for the other parts:

Part1: http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt255622.html

Part2: http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt255623.html

Part3: http://www.wrongplanet.net/postx255661-0-0.html

Quatraxis’s biological components finally started to awaken as the sedative started to wear off. Quatrax's gazed into his Heads up Display and saw his systems were surprisingly already on. He could see his visor HUD acting fuzzy and a small warning that his security software has been compromised.

“Good you’re awake” Melissa said.

Quatraxis leaned over as best he could to see what she was doing. He could see several cables connected into his metallic chest area of his cyberbody. These were uploading data from Quatraxis’s hard drive into the computer that Melissa was typing and reading on.

“Let’s see. You’re citizen number is: 785788334. You’re biological name is Quatrax's, and you are a Reaver” Melissa said looking up his profile from the cyborgs own body.

“Please stop! I have some very personal files on there.” Quatraxis let out in distress.

“First rule of war honey, your enemy will use anything against you.” Melissa said in a cold tone to him.

The cyborg felt a combination of fear and intrigue. One hand having been caught by an Igarrian escaped prisoner and having all his files stolen on his first assignment was defiantly not look good on his report, yet on the other hand he was still curious and perplexed by Melissa. It was as if she were hiding something he wanted to know.

“You seem to know know a lot about how I operate for a normal sergeant.” Quatraxis told her.

“A sergeant? Is that what they told you I am?”

“Yes, you are a prisoner that escaped.” Quatraxis replied to her.

“Yes, I was a prisoner of my own accord.” Melissa replied.

“What do you mean?”

“Please, like I am going to give any Intel over to your machine. You are my captive now.” Melissa retorted back to him.

He gazed upon her azure colored uniform. It appears she was not held captive for long as she seemed to know where all her gear was and was not wearing a prison outfit. While he scanned around he saw a badge on the side of her shoulder with the acronym “I.I.D”. This was strange to him as he had never heard of a branch in the Igarrian forces named that, Quatraxis could try to look up in his data files, but he knew his body and his hard drive were being tapped into at the present moment. Soon he started to wonder if there was more to this sergeant than previously thought.

“Fine, I was just curious anyway “Quatraxis said.

“Curious? About what?” She asked while moving her hand closer to her laser pistol.

“Well this is the first time meeting a fleshling, much less an actual Igarrian.”

“I’ve bet you are overjoyed.” She replied in an evidently sarcastic manner.

“I just want to know, why do you Igarrains keep on trying to stir up trouble for us?”
With that she turned her face to face his. She let out a condescending chuckle before staring at him with a serious look on her face.

“You brainwashed fool, it is you Braxxians who are oppressing us. Don’t tell me you do not know what you do to the worlds you invade. You murder innocents, turn non-cooperative civilians into mindless drones, turn everyone into freaks like yourself regardless if they want or not. All in the name of your little utopian view of making the galaxy better. ”

Quatraxis’s eyes would widen up if they were not already cybernetic. He had never heard of this point of view before. He quickly told himself that she must be lying. After all he was taught that it was they loyalists of King Laigus who drove his own people to separate and become Braxxians.

“Well we did not start this. You loyalists to Laigus made us want to become separatists, we only wanted be free of his tyrannical rule.” Quatraxis tried to explain to her.

“You think your kind were the only ones trying to stop his madness? While you’re kind fled to other planets my ancestors in the Blue Party acted and overthrew him ourselves. That is a fact Machine! “

“That is why we turned to cybernetics. So we could be strong enough to aid our former brethrens to overthrow him.” Quatraxis replied.

“Yes, and in doing so you became a monster just like him. Enough talk, I have the data I need from you. If you do not be silent I will end your miserable artificial life once and for all!” Melissa warned him sternly.

Quatraxis stopped talking and leaned back. He did not know what or who to believe any more. While he knew better to trust an Igarrian, she seemed passionate and to blunt to be telling the truth. It did not matter much anyway, he ruined his first real assignment and probably would be terminated by her eventually anyway. All he could do is try to cooperate and prolong his life for a meager bit longer.