Do you lucid dream?
Ouais. 82%  82%  [ 18 ]
Nay. 18%  18%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 22

Kiriae
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2014, 6:27 am

I control 90% of my dreams although I rarely know it is a dream. My knowledge is usually like "it isn't reality" (but still no clue it is a dream) or "I am superior being so the laws of physics won't apply me like they do to the people around". :D But I have had some true Lucid dreams in my life. At the moment I could tell about like 10 of them but there was definitively more. And almost none of them happened as a result of an official method. I was using something like the reality check (my LD usually starts with "Wait! Whats going on? It is impossible, it just can't be happening, it must be a dream... Hey! Thats right! Its a dream!") but I learned the method before even reading anything about LD.

I was 8 year old (with no knowledge about lucid dreams or dream controlling) when I first time realized I am dreaming and started to change the dream reality. I guess I got a natural talent. It was a nightmare about crocodiles eating a child. I realised it must be a dream, teleported myself to another dream, created a huge, hubble like telescope and started to watch stars using it (special interest - astronomy). :D.

yournamehere
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Roaming 150 square miles somewhere in north america

11 Apr 2014, 7:46 am

ouroborosUK wrote:
It almost never happens to me naturally. I usually don't remember my dreams. I tried to learn (using mostly the methods and advice on that site) but only had moderate success.

This may sound kind of weird, but you may be using too much energy in your waking life. You go to sleep tired, and burned out. it promotes a much deeper sleep. I know some workaholics that do not dream.

Some people try to avoid dreaming because they don't like it.

BeggingTurtle
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2014, 6:34 am

Callista wrote:
Most people have lucid dreams occasionally. There have even been some interesting experiments done--people who have a lot of lucid dreams sleep in a sleep lab, with sensors on their eyes, and they move their eyes (in an up-down pattern, which is unusual in sleep) to signal the researchers when they're having a lucid dream. Your eyes aren't paralyzed like the rest of you when you're dreaming, which is why that can work. They were successful at it. So technically we can actually communicate information while we're dreaming.

I have Tourettes, so my eyes moving up and down is normal for me. :D I just didn't know that people weren't able to do it; I thought everyone could.

WillMcC
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2014, 9:39 am

I don't think I've ever had a true lucid dream, though my sleeping habits are somewhat abnormal. I am a very light sleeper, and sometimes I will be partially awake, but still partly in a dream, with something in the "dream" preventing me from getting back to sleep, especially after a late night working on something. I have had dreams where I'm somewhat aware that I'm dreaming and want to find a way to transfer experiences into the "real world" and then wake up briefly disappointed that I could not do so, but other than that, they are just like any other dream.