Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

khaoz
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2014, 11:22 pm

blank

Last edited by khaoz on 14 Apr 2014, 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jaden
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2014, 12:00 am

The media isn't getting the whole story, they've painted the protestors as the ones in the wrong when all they've done is protest. They've been tasered and attacked because of it. On top of all of that they had snipers trained on the protestors, and the BLM's excuse for the actions is one that the public in this day and age are stupid enough to believe.

The whole thing was about the land itself, not who had rights to it, but what is on that land, which is oil and water.

The same exact thing is/was going on in New Mexico, the difference is the sheriff is actually doing his job.

khaoz
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2014, 12:03 am

These protesters are provoking trouble and when it comes they are going to use it as an excuse. They are trying intentionally to turn this into a Ruby Ridge

Jaden
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2014, 12:20 am

False, you're not seeing the whole situation. They went there to peacefully protest, and they were attacked for it. It was caught on camera for crying out loud.

More info: Here
Guy Attacked by dog and tasered: Here(even this doesn't show everything).

There is absolutely no reason why there should be snipers AND guards, AND choppers.

Right now, the hostilities have ended because the feds aren't willing to start shooting unarmed civilians (a smart move). The BLM was ordered to leave.

Max000
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2014, 12:36 am

khaoz wrote:
Seriously, these people have lost their mind.

This has nothing to do with land rights, this is anarchy, from a bunch of petulant, irrational children.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2014/04/12 ... c-somehow/

Obama could call in an airstrike by the National Guard, and take out all of these fools in two minutes. But then, he would make martyrs out of them. So instead he is going to let them die of natural causes. All of these old kooks will be dead and forgotten in 20 years, anyway.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2014, 12:49 am

Leave it to the left to take offense to ANY questioning of or opposition to their beloved government, the source of all prosperity and goodness.

Jaden
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2014, 12:53 am

lol sounds about right.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

I decided to put that up because it's our right (and some say duty) to question our government and complain about it. Governmental Fan-boys or not. :lol:

Jaden
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2014, 1:33 am

The Truth About The BLM (click)

khaoz
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2014, 2:35 am

I try to look at this from a non biased perspective. I don't assume that people who work in this division of Land Bureau Management look at this as a good career job, just like the military or a firefighter. Its an income opportunity. They are just doing their job. It is not personal. I think whoever is in charge of LBM, to a point, is making their own decisions. No doubt the people in uniform have some knowledge of crowd density studies which would make them very jittery, even though they are trained in what they do. No one wants to be in that situation. I doubt the people in uniform are thrilled with what is going on. It is a very dicey situation as it is. They are trained so they are just trying to stand their ground as they are instructed, I don't think they plan for this to happen. I think realistically, this was just a quick chain reaction of events that went snap. People are scared and nervous. Tense. The civilians, naturally, are thinking Ruby Ridge and Waco. I am sure the people in uniform are aware of that fact. Next thing we know there are a bunch of untrained reactionist civilians with an agenda. They assume that the people from BLM have hostile motivation. Maybe they don't take into account the things I related above. They are looking for and expecting-some violence to erupt. No one wants that, but I feel like all these outside interests showing up with guns have an intent that blood is going to be spilled. I think the situation got way out of control because people don't stop to think.. Luckily, it seems to have been resolved peacefully, for now, because people with calm minds stepped in and communicated instead of just standing across from each other trying to by imposing and intimidating. I think the agents were just trying to stand their ground without being overrun and mauled. I doubt they had no plan or intent to start shooting people unless they felt their life was threatened. when you have a pack of people around you with like mind, shouting, being disruptive, especially when you understand crowd density and crowd management, things can escalate fast. No one wants that.

wozeree
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2014, 2:53 am

khaoz wrote:
These protesters are provoking trouble and when it comes they are going to use it as an excuse. They are trying intentionally to turn this into a Ruby Ridge

Are you sure you know what happened at Ruby Ridge? It's not possible to turn this into that.

Jaden
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2014, 4:28 am

khaoz wrote:
I try to look at this from a non biased perspective. I don't assume that people who work in this division of Land Bureau Management look at this as a good career job, just like the military or a firefighter. Its an income opportunity. They are just doing their job. It is not personal. I think whoever is in charge of LBM, to a point, is making their own decisions. No doubt the people in uniform have some knowledge of crowd density studies which would make them very jittery, even though they are trained in what they do. No one wants to be in that situation. I doubt the people in uniform are thrilled with what is going on. It is a very dicey situation as it is. They are trained so they are just trying to stand their ground as they are instructed, I don't think they plan for this to happen. I think realistically, this was just a quick chain reaction of events that went snap. People are scared and nervous. Tense. The civilians, naturally, are thinking Ruby Ridge and Waco. I am sure the people in uniform are aware of that fact. Next thing we know there are a bunch of untrained reactionist civilians with an agenda. They assume that the people from BLM have hostile motivation. Maybe they don't take into account the things I related above. They are looking for and expecting-some violence to erupt. No one wants that, but I feel like all these outside interests showing up with guns have an intent that blood is going to be spilled. I think the situation got way out of control because people don't stop to think.. Luckily, it seems to have been resolved peacefully, for now, because people with calm minds stepped in and communicated instead of just standing across from each other trying to by imposing and intimidating. I think the agents were just trying to stand their ground without being overrun and mauled. I doubt they had no plan or intent to start shooting people unless they felt their life was threatened. when you have a pack of people around you with like mind, shouting, being disruptive, especially when you understand crowd density and crowd management, things can escalate fast. No one wants that.

The militia went in when the BLM threatened the protestors. It was also stated by county commissioner Tom Collins that they better have funeral arrangements.
"Arizona government officials have weighed in on both sides of the issue, with the governor coming out against the BLM, while a county commissioner warned the incoming patriots that they had better have funeral arrangements ready (because they are likely to be going home in body bags)"
Sources: Here (click)
and
Here (click)

Furthermore, when the protestors were attacked, they consisted all of about 20 people (bundy's family), "crowd density" wasn't even an issue.The BLM has no excuse for their actions, period, even other officials are condemning their actions.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2014, 6:22 am

The story is over it seems ... the rancher won.

Victory for Nevada's last rancher! Federal agents release cattle and back down from 'range-war' after armed protestors rally to support rancher 'kicked off land his family has held since 1870'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -land.html

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2014, 9:17 am

Good for the rancher,his family had ran cattle on that land since the 1800's.
When Park service came here they did the locals dirty when they grabbed their land.One old woman was in her eighties,born and lived there her whole life.They seized the land,gave what they thought it was worth,evicted her and she died of a broken heart.How much longer could she have lived,they could have waited.People here tried to fight in some cases,there was no way to win,if you didn't take the offer they would put the money in your bank account and claim you had accepted it.For years people hated the park service and there was some burn outs because of it.
I'll agree that the river didn't need to be developed,but they played dirty.Now you have to pay to get on land your ancestors owned and they let hordes of tourists on the river.They even harass the people that are dressed like the locals,not the tourists in their fancy Patagonia clothes.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2014, 3:06 am

I remember how back in the day (the old west, to be precise), cattle wars were waged between the wealthy and powerful cattleman's association vs. small homesteaders, who the big ranchers were trying to squeeze out and steal their land, often with the help of hired guns, as in the Johnson county war in Wyoming.

khaoz
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2014, 9:21 pm

So, this issue has been resolved and what do I see happening? I see Sean Hannity on Fox News interviewing the Bundy family and trying to provoke them. Sean Hannity and Fox news intentionally trying to instigate trouble between these ranchers and the government. He is using every bit of semantics that his college drop out mind can conjure to push these people button and make trouble. I just watched him shove words into their mouths.

No integrity and no honour.

This is why I watch Fox news. Because they are lying troublemakers

Jaden
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2014, 9:34 pm

khaoz wrote:
So, this issue has been resolved and what do I see happening? I see Sean Hannity on Fox News interviewing the Bundy family and trying to provoke them. Sean Hannity and Fox news intentionally trying to instigate trouble between these ranchers and the government. He is using every bit of semantics that his college drop out mind can conjure to push these people button and make trouble. I just watched him shove words into their mouths.

No integrity and no honour.

This is why I watch Fox news. Because they are lying troublemakers

Nothing's been resolved, it's nowhere near over by any stretch of the imagination:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... F0md6f0oF4