Do you always check your post after posting it to see if it

Page 2 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Do you check your post after posting? Or preview?
Preview 43%  43%  [ 23 ]
After posting 52%  52%  [ 28 ]
Never 6%  6%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 54

neilson_wheels
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2014, 12:21 pm

Always after and often lots of times, I often miss words out or get them in the wrong order and i forget preview is there.

I really do not find writing easy, but if I'm going to make the effort then I feel it should be accurate and correct.

Max000
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2014, 2:45 pm

Kiriae wrote:
I type it, read it, preview it, submit it, check it, read it, edit it, submit, check it, read it, edit it....

I'm sorry, but I can't help thinking about this song when reading your post. :) BTW your English is fine. Better then a lot of native speakers.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAjR4_CbPpQ[/youtube]

alwaysnow
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

13 Apr 2014, 2:46 pm

Yes I always check what I wrote back and forth multiple times, edit/add/remove single words in the sentences to make my writing more understandable and accurate to what I want to convey. Both preview, and sometimes I also edit after posting because I see a need to word myself better.

My difficulties in expressing myself is thus not very different between writing and verbally, generally it's preferable to just keep my thoughts inside my head.

Dutchy
Raven
Raven

13 Apr 2014, 4:15 pm

I always preview because i like to see how it looks and sounds. And i'm kind of a 'grammar nazi' especially because english isn't my mother language. But overall, i like to over think my thoughts and put some thought in it, so i preview all of my posts, and most of the times i edit them because i came with more thoughts. :)

StarCity
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2014, 4:27 pm

As far as posting goes in the Forum I usually check it after I have posted it.

Maybe I should check it before posting, as illustrated when I had a letter to post in the physical post box. I had the letter in one hand, and a bag of doughnuts in the other. I got distracted & posted the doughnuts.

Well, at least the post person had something for their lunch LOL :)

It isn't natural for me, but it enables me to "fit in".
It is VERY tiring and draining, but at least we can appear like them even though it is an act. Like being on the stage.
They can't see it is emulation, and so we are accepted.

Sylvastor
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2014, 5:51 pm

*Previews this post once or twice or more*

*Posts this post*

*Currently most likely checking this post after posting it and editing it to word myself better*

I voted for the option "Preview" since that's when the checking starts, but I often (although not always) check it after posting it, too.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2014, 8:25 pm

morslilleole wrote:
Rocket123 wrote:
I write it. I read it. I spell check it (in Word). I re-read it. Eventually, I post it. A bit obsessive. Sigh.

Why not use a spell check plugin for your browser? It would make things a lot easier as you wouldn't have to copy it back and forth. I use one for Firefox and haven't had any issues with it.

Chrome has built-in spell check, but I have had to teach it a lot of words.

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2014, 8:45 pm

I always double and triple check my posts and I always find errors. Usually my errors are getting letters in reversed order or skipping words.

Wreck It Ralph