How to be affectionate toward an Aspie?

Page 3 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Shale
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2007, 10:05 pm

Judging by last night...I'd say to guess he does enjoy the physical contact ;) Hurrhurr... :lol: :oops:

I think I discovered something interesting about NTs last night too. It was a Sunday...I had to work, major deadlines etc. Woke up, everyone at home was gone. Got to work, worked from 10-6, no one there but me. Got home, saw Mum, thanked her for dinner and that's it. Went out cruising with my car...my guy was busy so I didn't get to see him in the early evening. By about 9pm all it took to reduce me to a teary-eyed mess was ONE Emo song on the radio (from memory it was either Evanescence - Lithium, or that Where'd You Go song by Mike Shinoda...mmmmm, sad stuff). ONE day of being alone and boom...

...thankfully my knight in shining armour came to my rescue...I got snuggles and THEN SOME later in the evening. Somehow he knew I was a heck of a mess after a long, lonely day...

Apparently some of us NTs suffer greatly from solitary confinement :( No wonder I find the Aspie preference for alone time so confusing and hard to grasp :/

biostructure
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2007, 4:41 am

If you have a problem with being alone, why don't you make some girl friends that you hang out with in your spare time? That won't solve the problem of being alone at work, but it will give you some company so your boyfriend isn't the only one filling that need. I almost wouldn't consider pursuing a girl who doesn't have lots of girl friends, because I wouldn't want the burden of having to try to replace them.

Shale
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2007, 3:51 am

I've got a few girlfriends so to speak, but they're all as busy as me :/ And eh...I'd really rather spend time with him :)

Interestingly enough...I've been pulling 70-90 hour weeks for the last two or three weeks...have hardly seen him at all. And...he's gone into depression :( And thinks it's probably because he's not seen me much lately...poor boy D: