where is a good place to meet AS woman

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

ABUBBA
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 Apr 2014, 2:53 pm

I live in California near Anaheim i am 18 do you guys know a good way to get into contact with AS girls my age?

Kiriae
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2014, 4:10 pm

Internet.

Cafeaulait
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2014, 4:19 pm

Internet.

Ferrus91
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Apr 2014, 4:53 pm

Have you thought about trying the abused wife shelter? :roll:

What kind of answer do you want which doesn't involve stating the obvious?

Sylph
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Apr 2014, 5:12 pm

Aside from the obvious, though the internet would be your best bet. You can try places like the library or local clubs/meetup/hangout groups but you won't be able to tell if a girl/woman had AS unless they openly tell you, and most of them aren't going to.

yournamehere
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Roaming 150 square miles somewhere in north america

14 Apr 2014, 5:44 pm

Right here. They are everywhere. It's like the plague. WHAT ARE WE GONNA DO!! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! ! :lol:

ABUBBA
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

15 Apr 2014, 2:06 am

thanks for the tips

Klowglas
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2014, 2:44 am

Hitting aspergers in the okcupid search engine should give you something... oh,just did that right now and I see a woman similar to me, going to send her a message. :P

vickygleitz
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2014, 7:17 pm

okay, this is how you use the internet to find AS people. You use it to look for support groups in your area. Many of them vary by age, interests, etc. In Colorado I know of 2 different support and social skills groups for 17 to 27 year olds. One of my friends kids always seems to have a girlfriend from one of these groups. Also, you might want to check out GRASP groups in your area.

Really, there are so many opportunities. You just need to find them OR make them. you are Autistic, so you are probably solution oriented. I have faith in you. You are not consigned to only online forums.

How about some brain storming? Other good ways to find other Autistics IRL. Just pretend we are playing on 'Family Feud' and need the 9 top answers.

Stargazer43
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2014, 8:11 pm

Klowglas wrote:
Hitting aspergers in the okcupid search engine should give you something... oh,just did that right now and I see a woman similar to me, going to send her a message. :P

Hah, I tried that as well a while back. The only results within a 200-mile radius were single moms who's kids had Aspergers, or social workers who worked with kids who had Aspergers. There was one result that was a bit further who seemed pretty much like a female version of myself...pity there's such a distance barrier!

I honestly don't know where people on this forum meet all of these people with Aspergers, outside of support groups. I've not once met anyone who openly had it (although I've suspected a person or two). Yet on here I see all sorts of posts about people knowing whole groups of people with it!

SoftwareEngineer
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2014, 11:02 pm

I'm going to throw my support to local groups also. I've been involved in support groups, classes focused on teaching autistic people (I taught one) and productive projects. You can usually find them around local colleges.

And, I hate to say it, from what I can tell, the mother of an autistic child has generally had enough of autism in her life and is often not receptive to an autistic boyfriend.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2014, 11:34 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YK--Zvs_DGc

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

kate123A
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2014, 4:19 pm

mom's of autistic kids may also be autistic(and undiagnosed)

SoftwareEngineer
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2014, 7:02 pm

kate123A wrote:
mom's of autistic kids may also be autistic(and undiagnosed)

True.