Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

khaoz
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2014, 9:03 pm

First it the Navy turning seawater to fuel> Now astronauts turning urine into fuel. What corporation is going to start capitalizing on this? I want a pee fueled Buick.

http://sciencealert.com.au/news/20141404-25383.html

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2014, 10:19 pm

khaoz wrote:
First it the Navy turning seawater to fuel> Now astronauts turning urine into fuel. What corporation is going to start capitalizing on this? I want a pee fueled Buick.

NASA has been converting urine into potable water for years. The concept of converting urine into fuel is news to me.

Reminds me of a bad joke my dad used to tell.

There was this motorist that ran out of gas and was sitting n the side of a very empty highway. Occasionally, someone would see the car, but was unable to help. Finally, a bee comes flying up to the car, and sits on the edge of the side window and asks the driver what's wrong. The driver tell the bee he ran out of gas, and what could he, the bee do about it? The bee says, I'll be back in half an hour.

Half an hour later, the bee comes back with his swarm. The bee tells the car owner to remove the cap from the gas fill tube. The owner does so, and the swarm goes down the filler tube. 10 minutes later, the swarm comes back up the filler tube and flies back to the hive. The bee that brought the swarm to the car tells the owner to start his car's engine. The driver does so, and the car starts. Astounded, the owner of the car asks the bee how this was possible. "What", says the bee, "you never heard of BP?"
:wink: , duck, and run :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

khaoz
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2014, 10:22 pm

Meistersinger wrote:
khaoz wrote:

NASA has been converting urine into potable water for years. The concept of converting urine into fuel is news to me.

Reminds me of a bad joke my dad used to tell.

There was this motorist that ran out of gas and was sitting n the side of a very empty highway. Occasionally, someone would see the car, but was unable to help. Finally, a bee comes flying up to the car, and sits on the edge of the side window and asks the driver what's wrong. The driver tell the bee he ran out of gas, and what could he, the bee do about it? The bee says, I'll be back in half an hour.

Half an hour later, the bee comes back with his swarm. The bee tells the car owner to remove the cap from the gas fill tube. The owner does so, and the swarm goes down the filler tube. 10 minutes later, the swarm comes back up the filler tube and flies back to the hive. The bee that brought the swarm to the car tells the owner to start his car's engine. The driver does so, and the car starts. Astounded, the owner of the car asks the bee how this was possible. "What", says the bee, "you never heard of BP?"
:wink: , duck, and run :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

That was pretty good. Thank you.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2014, 12:59 am

buick, hell! I wanna pee-powered pantera!

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2014, 3:06 am

khaoz wrote:

It will use more energy/fuel to convert the pee into fuel than you will get out of it. So the net result is you are worse off than using normal fuel; just like with the navy example.