Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Rascal77s
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2014, 2:54 am

wozeree wrote:
I know everyone keeps telling you this, but your stuff is awesome!

Thanks wozeree! I really appreciate the feedback.

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2014, 12:12 pm

Rascal77s wrote:
Here's what I finally ended up making for my push-button lead holder/sketch pencil. I call it maroon velvet. The mechanism holds the 5.56 mm very securely. The lead I chose is 4B that obviously they can be replaced with different hardness. The push button twists off and has a sharper and are built into it Inside. All you have to do is twist it off, slide it over your lead, and rotate it with your fingers to get a nice point.

That is a gorgeous pencil, I'd draw with it.

Through other people's eyes

Autism FAQs http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt186115.html

Lace-Bane
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2014, 3:28 pm

Rascal77s wrote:
Thanks Lace-Bain. I have to ask you what does that smiley mean?

I made this as a gift for someone. I didn't really have plans to make more but I could. It seemed to me from the replies in this thread people would rather use normal wooden pencils. My original thinking was that someone who is making beautiful sketches should have some beautiful tools to work with. I guess if people like them and want them I would make more.

I've been curious about your avatar. Could you post a full-size version of it?

The ( :| ) smiley looks shocked to me, like it's expressing "Well... Wow.". I'm not sure it's intended application though. I think the smiley for shocked ( 8O ) just looks like it's been kicked in the groin.

I've not drawn in about four years because my eyes cannot handle focusing long enough to get much done, but when I used to draw something, I had liked to do it in one sitting in order to keep the mood. Many artists enjoy the simplicity of wooden pencil, and many even discriminate against using anything else, but I was on the other end and really didn't enjoy the process of working with the wooden counterpart.

This is the sketch fragment. I don't know why I never finished it.

Rascal77s
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2014, 4:07 pm

Lace-Bane wrote:

The ( :| ) smiley looks shocked to me, like it's expressing "Well... Wow.". I'm not sure it's intended application though. I think the smiley for shocked ( 8O ) just looks like it's been kicked in the groin.

I've not drawn in about four years because my eyes cannot handle focusing long enough to get much done, but when I used to draw something, I had liked to do it in one sitting in order to keep the mood. Many artists enjoy the simplicity of wooden pencil, and many even discriminate against using anything else, but I was on the other end and really didn't enjoy the process of working with the wooden counterpart.

This is the sketch fragment. I don't know why I never finished it.

LOL about the groin, it does can look like that. That one gives an alternative meaning to eyeballs.

I think your drawing is pretty good as it as. What if you work a little bit at a time and finish it over X number of days? Could your eyes handle that? Never too late to finish it.

Rascal77s
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2014, 4:13 pm

Ganondox wrote:
That is a gorgeous pencil, I'd draw with it.

Thanks Ganondox. Someone wanting to use my pencils or pens to draw or write with is a very big complement.

Lace-Bane
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2014, 5:10 pm

Rascal77s wrote:
I think your drawing is pretty good as it as. What if you work a little bit at a time and finish it over X number of days? Could your eyes handle that? Never too late to finish it.

Thank you. I could finish it, though the other reason I don't draw anymore is that I lost all passion to do so. I realized while drawing one day that the whole aspiration I had to be an artist had become a forced grueling process over time that I could no longer enjoy and simply stopped. Also, it's been years since I've seriously drawn, and I don't think it's quite like getting back on a bike after so long even if I wished to force the picture completed.

Lastly, I'm told I could just end up waking up blind any day... That notion certainly hampers any excitement I could cultivate into rekindling the passion.