Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Are you on any of the current major social networking sites like facebook or twitter with your real name and details?
Yes 49%  49%  [ 24 ]
No 51%  51%  [ 25 ]
Total votes : 49

Dan_Undiagnosed
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2014, 1:53 am

Thanks for the speedy responses guys. I'm surprised that it's almost 50/50. It could be a self selecting thing though ie people who aren't on social media might click on the thread more often than those who are. But it seems like most of you who are on facebook etc aren't big users. Interesting. I don't know why I suspected this might be the case. Maybe because I see FB as an attempt to transplant the real life social world onto a website. I've heard about lots of neat and useful things on there but yeah, I'll continue to give it a pass.

a_dork
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Apr 2014, 2:28 am

As of three weeks ago, I am no longer on any social networking site. I had a facebook account for six and a half years, but haven't been active on it for three. I don't see the point in using it anymore since I can no longer relate to my "friends." Don't get me wrong, I knew we were going to grow apart after high school, but I'd rather not have to watch it through pictures and status updates.

― L. Frank Baum, The Wonderful Wizard of Oz

ZombieBrideXD
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2014, 8:01 am

yeah, i follow funny pages and talk to other sonic fans,

DA: http://mephilesdark123.deviantart.com

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2014, 8:20 am

I barely keep a Facebook profile (real name) because it's just a waste of time and energy. I have closed it twice and only leave it open because dates have wanted to add me. It's also depressing hearing either the single people who whine and complain constantly or the married ones posting about their family adventures. I feel like I am stuck in the middle of those two factions.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2014, 8:12 pm

For family and a couple of interests. I am on Facebook and Twitter it about 5 minutes a day with my real name.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman