Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2014, 8:22 am

frog legs.

AspergianMutantt
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2014, 8:40 am

I wouldn't call it weird but certainly unusual and difficult to eat, prickly pear-cactus fruit..
(I got caught out in the middle of nowhere and got hungry, and that was the only thing around)
Difficult to eat, but actually tasted good, (once you got past the spines)

thanksforthefish
Butterfly
Butterfly

17 Apr 2014, 10:05 am

In Barcelona I picked something from the menu and the server said "oh, really?"
Looked like alien, think it was cow stomach or something like that.

ImeldaJace
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2014, 12:37 pm

I have eaten raw octopus legs a couple times, mostly to gross out my mom. :lol:

They're a bit rubbery and they don't really have a taste.

My Dad once brought back a lollipop with a scorpion in the middle from a buisness trip to San Antonio for my brother. My brother actually started to eat it. But he stopped when he got to the scorpion because he said that it tasted really really bad and it reminded him of the smell of formaldehyde.

My brother also accidentally ordered chile pepper ice cream in Mexico once. He had chosen a pinkish fruity looking ice cream without bothering to read the label. He thought that that tasted pretty gross too.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2014, 1:21 pm

Cow tongues.

Pretty good if you can get over the texture (similiar to your own tongue- so it feels like your french kissing a cow).

stardraigh
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2014, 2:12 pm

As an adult:

Cow Tongue (It was a lot tougher than I expected but it wasn't marinated and just grilled so I think that's why. Can't find it where I live now.)
Oka I'a (made by a friend who was from Samoa.)
Lechon Sauce (only time I had it was when a cousin whose mother was from the phillipines went there and brought some back. I love this stuff.)
Fermented Tofu (So good with scoop fritos)
Bacon Jam (I made this once... It is delicious if you like bacon and eat things that you would eat jam with)
Vegemite (disgusting. I like fermented things, but not this)
Raw Herring
Roe (really good on toast. Made from fish sperm and eggs)
Deep Fried chicken skin (Fat with more fat, and some carbs from the breading which basically gets stored as fat. With the right marinade, they are so good.)
Fried Chicken feet. (tasteless and the texture was horrible the one time I had it.)
Wine Syrup (I attempted to make wine jelly, but it didn't set. It only got thicker like a syrup. Still alcohol in it. You don't cook the alcohol out. great on anything you would use syrup on.)
Salmiakki (friend who grew up in Finland had some on a business trip and shared. I only had one piece and it was unusual.)

As a child:

Flies
Ants
Dog Food
BBQ Dog Chew
Dirt
Pennies and other small change
Marbles

There was a lot of stupid things I ate as a child on a dare.

And of course I eat rediculously hot things compared to most people I know. So far, I've been able to try a 2 million+ scoville unit hot sauce. My breakfast this morning was three corn tortillas pan fried with 1 million+ scoville ghost pepper powder as seasoning and a pork steak that was going to go bad soon also seasoned with the same ghost pepper powder.

My Blog
Deviantart Page

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2014, 2:41 pm

pureed seaweed in jars
cheddar-cheese-enhanced seaweed crisps
squid jerky

jayjayuk
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Apr 2014, 3:30 pm

Not sure if these are weird but here goes ... I eat ghost chillies, and use ghost chilli sauce on most food. People think that's pretty weird. I enjoy Oreos on toast. I've eaten wild boar and ostrich burgers ... which are both really nice.

Probably not weird but it's as far as I'd go lol. I'd love to try fried tarantula though.

jayjayuk
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Apr 2014, 3:33 pm

stardraigh wrote:
So far, I've been able to try a 2 million+ scoville unit hot sauce. My breakfast this morning was three corn tortillas pan fried with 1 million+ scoville ghost pepper powder as seasoning and a pork steak that was going to go bad soon also seasoned with the same ghost pepper powder.

Same as me bud, I love spicey food. I'm cooking a Naga Jolokia curry tomorrow, I'll post the recipe on here.

stardraigh
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2014, 4:24 pm

jayjayuk wrote:
stardraigh wrote:
So far, I've been able to try a 2 million+ scoville unit hot sauce. My breakfast this morning was three corn tortillas pan fried with 1 million+ scoville ghost pepper powder as seasoning and a pork steak that was going to go bad soon also seasoned with the same ghost pepper powder.

Same as me bud, I love spicey food. I'm cooking a Naga Jolokia curry tomorrow, I'll post the recipe on here.

There are only four more things I've found I can buy that are hotter than the 2 million range of sauces & powders. A 4, 7, & 9 million sauce, and then the 16 million crystals.

I'm going to order the 4 million today.

My Blog
Deviantart Page

jayjayuk
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Apr 2014, 4:36 pm

stardraigh wrote:
jayjayuk wrote:
stardraigh wrote:

There are only four more things I've found I can buy that are hotter than the 2 million range of sauces & powders. A 4, 7, & 9 million sauce, and then the 16 million crystals.

Where do you get the 4 million one from? Be awesome to get the actual whole chilli. Better still, the plant! I have 2 ghost chilli plants. Both are dying though, I've had them nearly 18 months.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2014, 5:06 pm

Have had seaweed dishes in chinese restaurants. And had seaweed crisps. Both are okay.

Cooked squid and octopus. But no raw octopus, nor squid jerky.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2014, 5:27 pm

raw octopus :eew: but give squid jerky a chance Image

stardraigh
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2014, 5:39 pm

jayjayuk wrote:
stardraigh wrote:
jayjayuk wrote:
stardraigh wrote:

Where do you get the 4 million one from? Be awesome to get the actual whole chilli. Better still, the plant! I have 2 ghost chilli plants. Both are dying though, I've had them nearly 18 months.

I found the 4 million sauce on Amazon -- Mad Dog 44 Magnum I actually stumbled on a 5 million, but I think I'm going to skip that once I do the 4 million. I'm worried about the 44 Magnum because I've found other Mad Dog products don't taste very good. The million+ Ghost Pepper powder I have tastes really good with a fruity taste.

My goal is to pop a few 16 million scoville crystals.

Oh the things I do to feel alive.

My Blog
Deviantart Page

jayjayuk
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Apr 2014, 6:24 pm

stardraigh wrote:
My goal is to pop a few 16 million scoville crystals.

Oh the things I do to feel alive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DigqyD2U1Eo

You've probably seen these lol. I'd try it, but I'd much prefer to cook with Capsaicin. Time to head over to Amazon I think :p