Page 5 of 6 [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2014, 1:49 pm

With us it's standing upright, advanced communication and a keen conscience. Animals act on instinct, humans have conscience.
When an animal mom cares for her offspring it is her instinct telling her to do it and this is a direct result of evolution. Obviously without that instinct, the particular species would not exist.
Notice some species do not even take care of their young and yet they go on for millions of years? Some of the most primitive have existed the longest.
So you see, it's all relative. Not even all animal species are the same.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2014, 7:53 pm

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2014, 9:00 pm

The white boy dressed in Hollywood-Aramaic attire is a nice touch. :lol:

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2014, 9:12 pm

When you think about it...it just doesn't logically follow through. It's like a collage of "beings' that only have a few things in common. Every species is it's own and they are all separate.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2014, 9:25 pm

Of course it doesn't make sense, it was lifted from a religious website. It's a visual argument against the teaching of evolution.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1Ek2BDu47g[/youtube]

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2014, 9:43 pm

Evolution happens over time but in the interim each species is it's own. Evolution is NOT about different species mating with each other so OF COURSE they would all be different. Evolution occurs through natural selection NOT cross species breeding which most often results in infertile offspring. So why wouldn't many of them be quite unique?

Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2014, 9:45 pm

No human behavior does not exist in other animals.

The last fifty thousand years has some advances in tool use.

Before then hardly any differance,

Chimps select a hammer and anvil stone to crack nuts. They gather the nuts and bring them to the workshop.

The oldest records of projectile weapons, are from Baboons, who with forethought, piled up throwing size rocks where a group could defend a camp chosen for being defendable.

Fire worship may be an exception, as no other animal is so insane as to start fires.

Other animals are more reality based. If it is local, they react, where humans get bent out of shape by earthquakes and plane crashes on the other side of the planet, involving people they do not know. They can also support killing people on the other side of the planet, who live on a dollar a day, because they live in a Tribal Area.

While both worship fire, the tribal fire is the wrong kind. Worldwide, killing off tribes has been going on for a while.

The only outside opinion came from a chimp taught sign language. When asked what they thought of the researchers, they signed, Very Bad Monkeys!

I have heard the same from horses and dogs.

Just before extinction a population rises to the largest ever numbers, then some natural chain breaks, and they are gone. It is five million years to our last common ancestor with the other apes, and that is the life of many species we know from the fossil record.

The rise of humans was due to small groups, inbreeding, the loss of genetic material, the fall is coming from large populations who are gaining genetic material. As the world population becomes larger, the humans become dumber.

The population will double soon, calling for a second planet to trash.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2014, 9:49 pm

Why would an argument based on received knowledge have to make sense?

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2014, 9:55 pm

We are animals we are clasified as animals primates to be exact and as mammals what else would we be plants?

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2014, 10:50 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
When you think about it...it just doesn't logically follow through. It's like a collage of "beings' that only have a few things in common. Every species is it's own and they are all separate.

They all came from primordial ooze,we all have that in common.We were not created by a big sky dude with a long white beard that played mud pie in the dirt.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2014, 10:59 pm

Yeah but some of us could be more alien than others :alien:

Robdemanc
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2014, 12:08 pm

Ash the robot would say we are animals encumbered by remorse and delusions of morality.

I think the problem we humans have is that we try to control each other too much. The rest of the animal kingdom tend to control only their own territory, but humans try to control the whole world! So the main difference with between humans and animals is that animals seem to know when to stop.

ocelots
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

26 Apr 2014, 1:40 pm

Well, yes, we're animals of course. But there's no denying how different we are from all other animals. I mean, no dinosaurs ever made it to the moon, and they had an additional 160+ million years to do so compared to us :lol: But seriously I think the biggest difference is we have language. We can communicate such complex ideas to each other, we can discuss abstract things and have philosophical debates. I think human language is the most incredible thing, to be able to share all the intricacies of your mind and have someone understand all of it. It's pretty intense. No form of communication other animals have comes anywhere close.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2014, 9:40 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
Housedays wrote:
I know we are classified as that from a scientific point of view, but what about from a philosophical point of view?

Humans are not animals.
Animals are animals.
Humans are humans.

You are denying our biological nature. We have a 95 percent genetic identity with the chimpanzee and the bonobo.

They are our closest living primate relatives.

ruveyn

guzzle
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2014, 6:06 pm

ocelots wrote:
But seriously I think the biggest difference is we have language. We can communicate such complex ideas to each other, we can discuss abstract things and have philosophical debates. I think human language is the most incredible thing, to be able to share all the intricacies of your mind and have someone understand all of it. It's pretty intense. No form of communication other animals have comes anywhere close.

Birds whistle, wolves howl, lions roar, cats meauw and whales even sing! Whatever you want to call it it serves their purpose just as words serve humans. And this:
Quote:
Plants can to some degree communicate with each other and there are even examples of one-way-communication with animals. Acacia trees produce tannin to defend themselves when they are grazed upon by animals. The airborne scent of the tannin is picked up by other acacia trees, which then start to produce tannin themselves as a protection from the nearby animals. When attacked by caterpillars, some plants can release chemical signals to attract parasitic wasps that attack the caterpillars. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hormonal_sentience

I wonder if other animals they suffer from semantic pedantry the way humans do...

We have grammar and syntax and that is what structures our language. Language is innate, grammar needs to be learned.

http://psychology.about.com/od/historyo ... /genie.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genie_(feral_child)

einsteinmyhero
Toucan
Toucan

28 Apr 2014, 2:37 am

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
Housedays wrote:
I know we are classified as that from a scientific point of view, but what about from a philosophical point of view?

Humans are not animals.
Animals are animals.
Humans are humans.

WTF :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: This is scientifically untrue!fact is my philosophy!