Page 1 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

RichardJ
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2014, 2:35 pm

I found a post on another thread here is what it said:

Quote:
Okay Hogaday. I have late stage breast cancer. I am dying. Bobby has stage 3 heart failure. He's dying too. I have so many kids and grand kids that I love. Youngest son has neurological pain [ it had slowed down but is back real bad again] that the docs say is the 'most excruciating pain humanly possible" People I thought were friends were not. I have no money and am too sick to work. I am not trying the same thing over and over again and expecting it to be different. I am trying to set things up so that my son [ and others] can have a hope of an okay life. That's all.

It WAS insane for me to just try to be good enough, sweet enough, smart enough, responsible enough, everything enough for nearly 60 years and expect a positive outcome from NTs'. That WAS insane. Now, I'm trying something different. If you don't like the idea of what I am racing against time to do,fine. What possible purpose though for you to rip apart my last hope! That is so mean!

And it's not just me! And if peoples ideas are not ripped apart, they are ignored. Look at Ken G. He posts about so many things that are to benefit other Autistics. Some of them cost money. some of them are far away. Some of them are FREE and anyone can access them. but they are ignored. I guess playing the autism card, hate-wars,and expressing the depth of a persons intellect is so much more important.

So many people have quit WP because of the meanness, and because of the seeming lack of concern as far as supporting and building each other up as autistics. about a month ago, there was a thread pretty much devoted to what a b###h I am, and i stilldo not have a clue what I did wrong.

I am having such a hard time, the hardest time of my life. And I feel so alone. And someone shouts at me that trying to find somewhere my kid might fit in is the worst idea EVER.r

I don't know what else I can say.

If you don't believe me here is the link:
http://www.wrongplanet.net/postp6024582 ... t=#6024582

:cry:

CyclopsSummers
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2014, 2:35 pm

I'm not one to snoop around, but if you guys would take a look at vicky's most recent post history- and especially her last two posts before this one- you will learn that she's not in a good situation, and she has much, much to cope with emotionally.

I have a lot of admiration and sympathy for vicky, and she's been a forum mainstay for the past year. I hope she will be able to carry the pain and sorrow she now undoubtedly feels, with the help and care of her loved ones around her. My thoughts go out to her, at any rate, and I feel bad that there is no more that I can do.

Dang, words ring hollow, don't they?

EDIT: Clarified by Richard in the above post.

Jensen
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2014, 4:03 pm

Yes, all warm thoughts to Vicky.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2014, 5:30 pm

AgentPalpatine wrote:
Vicky, you have done more for our community in 9 months than most people have done in years.

QFT

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2014, 7:36 pm

Vicky, I am so sorry that you are having such a tough time. I have not seen the recent posts that you are referring to, just the one RichardJ posted above. But like I said before, I really, really like you. You are such a great, warm and supportive friendly, wonderful person here. You have been a friend to me and have helped me so much here. You have always encouraged me and made me feel supported. I just hope that everything turns out well for you and if you want to I would really like to keep in touch with you. If you pm me I will tell you how you can reach me. No matter what happens, you always have a friend in me.
Hugs,
Skibum

Wreck It Ralph

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2014, 7:42 pm

Please don't leave because of a bunch of idiots who don't know what they're talking about.

wozeree
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2014, 10:27 pm

Hi everyone, Vicky said to say thanks for all the messages, your kindness means a lot to her! I think she's feeling a little better but she needs some quiet time.

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

24 Apr 2014, 10:33 pm

Thank you for the update.

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2014, 10:35 pm

Thank you Woz. we'll keep sending her love. Hopefully she can take the time to rest and them come back when she feels up to it. I am really glad that she is getting the messages though because she really is loved here.

Wreck It Ralph

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2014, 11:52 pm

Sweet Pea hugs Image

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2014, 12:02 am

CockneyRebel wrote:
Sweet Pea hugs Image
AWW, I've never seen the green hugs before. SO CUTE! I love them. :)

Wreck It Ralph

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2014, 12:40 am

wozeree wrote:
Hi everyone, Vicky said to say thanks for all the messages, your kindness means a lot to her! I think she's feeling a little better but she needs some quiet time.

That is a relief to read. Thanks for passing it on. Still a bit worried about bumble. She has not posted in 9 days and was having a tough time.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Rascal77s
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2014, 4:14 am

I'm very sad that even here people feel alone and alienated :cry:

Waterfalls
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2014, 6:07 am

Rascal77s wrote:
I'm very sad that even here people feel alone and alienated :cry:

I'm sad over that as well😥

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2014, 8:22 am

/\ What does that question mark mean?

Is it a typo?

Or are you asking a question?

If so then what is the question your are asking?