Global warming; March 4th warmest March on record

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

khaoz
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2014, 6:09 pm

Global warming is not all about one country. And climate is not the same thing as weather.

http://www.climatecentral.org/news/marc ... irms-17337

Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2014, 6:25 pm

I'd gladly let all cute and cuddly polar bear cubs die of a heatstroke if we could give people in the 3. world access to clean water and air instead.

khaoz
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2014, 6:32 pm

Unregulated industrialization is what destroys air and water quality. More and more those who control the wealth are talking it upon themselves to hoard that air and water which is safe, for profit

http://www.trueactivist.com/nestle-ceo- ... rivatized/

Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2014, 7:03 pm

It's unregulated because politicians only focus on CO2 emissions (you know, that which buys them votes), but turn a blind eye to nitrous oxide, mercury, sulphuric dioxide, BOD, VOC, and so on. Political campaigns against water contamination does not say ("Hey, I care!") as much as driving a hybrid and buying postcards with pictures of Knut does.

yournamehere
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Roaming 150 square miles somewhere in north america

23 Apr 2014, 8:52 pm

khaoz wrote:
Global warming is not all about one country. And climate is not the same thing as weather.

Umm. We just had the coldest global record cold in the south pole this winter. EVER. It was something like -140°f.

yournamehere
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2014, 8:56 pm

khaoz wrote:
Unregulated industrialization is what destroys air and water quality. More and more those who control the wealth are talking it upon themselves to hoard that air and water which is safe, for profit

http://www.trueactivist.com/nestle-ceo- ... rivatized/

The human population does this. Even if people do a better job regulating stuff, it will still get worse, as the population goes up. Human breeding habits are out of control.

yournamehere
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2014, 9:07 pm

Kurgan wrote:
It's unregulated because politicians only focus on CO2 emissions (you know, that which buys them votes), but turn a blind eye to nitrous oxide, mercury, sulphuric dioxide, BOD, VOC, and so on. Political campaigns against water contamination does not say ("Hey, I care!") as much as driving a hybrid and buying postcards with pictures of Knut does.

Hybrid cars make more waste than 10 years of driving a gas car just from making, and disposing the batteries. Co2 is good for plants. They have been feeding off of it before dinosaurs ever showed up. No2 gets you nice and high, no problem there either :lol: . Mercury really is not needed for much anymore, and should be stopped from use in things like florescent bulbs. We have L.E.D's. I don't know about the other stuff.

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2014, 9:32 pm

Climate here on earth is in a state of constant change.
The oceans control climate in ways we have yet to understand.
Climate has changed radically in the past, when humans were burning ox poo for heat.
The world's climate may or may not be changing, but humans are NOT the cause.
(See George Carlin "saving the planet" on youtube for a hilarious critique on this.)

yournamehere
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2014, 9:58 pm

It has always been getting cooler. This was once a burning rock of sulfer. The earth would need to actually get farther away from the sun, or the sun would have to get larger, or hotter.

We could probably do not much more than create a more sub tropical planet from "global warming"

Your ocean theory is also correct. There is a circular current from bottom to top. It may also have a thermocline effect like in freezing northern lakes. If the top ever gets colder than the bottom, it can force the heat up, and the cold down. That is when it breaks, it stirs everything up, and it all remains the same temperature. I know these things because 2 weeks to a month after it breaks in the fall is prime time for muskies. 8)

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2014, 10:17 pm

The left is enamored with man made "climate change" only as a means to punish and control their arch nemesis, big business. Well, one of their arch nemeses since they have so many (e.g. independence, entrepreneurialism, freedom other than what they choose for us, private propery, free speech, etc....).

Danimal
Toucan
Toucan

25 Apr 2014, 11:05 pm

We here in Hoosierland (Indiana) recently emerged from the coldest, snowiest winter in years. I burned over a cord of wood trying to keep the house somewhat warm. My snow shovel and I were not on speaking terms by February. Even the spring is cooler. Leaves are yet to emerge on the trees. The thermometer is just now starting to reach 70 degrees. It's still too chilly to put out garden.
I'm not a climate change skeptic. I admit that after this winter I had some doubts.

Tollorin
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2014, 11:15 pm

yournamehere wrote:
khaoz wrote:

Umm. We just had the coldest global record cold in the south pole this winter. EVER. It was something like -140°f.

Our presence in antartica is pretty recent, at such it's normal we record temperatures never recorded before. Also, it's warming in a global sense, which mean that some place may become colder. (For a while at least.)