Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

Neonhusky
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

25 Apr 2014, 6:56 am

Adamantium wrote:
There is a difference between persona and personality.

What you are describing are tactically deployed personas. This is very effective, adaptive behavior and almost all human beings do it more or less continuously.

If you really had multiple personalities, you would have an extremely rare, severe psychiatric disorder and you would likely not be aware of it, whichever one was logging in to WP and posting.

I wonder if it is more of an autistic characteristic to look at these tactic personas as fake because using the. Is harder for us, because their effectiveness has to be calibrated by observing their impact on others. This is precisely the kind of social communication that is impaired in autism.

I found the idea of persona liberating when I went to work because I knew my authentic self presentation was not very employable. I could adopt a persona that better fit the workplace and that made things somewhat easier. But it is very tiring.

This is one reason I quite like my 45 minute train commute at the end of the day. I can plug in my iPod and listen to a virology podcast or the sound of waves and just not have to be anything for a while.
haha, i know of dissociative identity disorder. But i have not heard of the term persona before. Thank you for that ^O^