When should I sign up for a dating site?

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

DevilKisses
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2014, 11:02 pm

I'm almost 18 and I've been thinking of joining some dating sites for a while. I kind of want to do it as soon as I turn 18, but I think I should sign up when I have my own car. I'm not sure if I want my mom to drive me to any dates.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2014, 11:58 pm

Can't you get a bus? The guy could pick you up if he has a car.

I went on dates before I was 17/had a car.

Aharon
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2014, 1:11 am

I tend to thinking of dating as a practical method used to determine compatibility in a life long relationship, but I understand this isn't always the case; dating can help you learn more about yourself and what you really want and need in a mate. For that reason, I'd think the sooner the better, provided it's used a basis to refine your self understanding and social skills, and not to recklessly pursue solace from loneliness in whatever desire that might manifest in a young person.

If it's for the right reasons, why not let mom play chauffeur? Don't let lack of wheels stunt your development.

We are not so different from potted plants in that, if given everything we need to be properly nourished, the outcome can be incredibly contrary to when we are not. A flower won't grow in flour, and neither can we.

DevilKisses
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2014, 9:25 am

hale_bopp wrote:
Can't you get a bus? The guy could pick you up if he has a car.

I went on dates before I was 17/had a car.

I live on the outskirts of town. :( I'm also gay. Not gay and 100% sure of it, just gay meaning that I want to date girls. I don't want people to find out about my sexuality because I don't want to be out, fall for a guy and be know as "the lesbian who went straight." My mom already knows and I think my step dad and sister know as well.

They're just a bit in denial about it and I think dating will probably make them act annoying. I know that if I'm going on a date my mom will make a big deal out of it and my sister and my step dad will find out.

Then my gossipy step sisters will find out and the whole city will know. I don't think my mom wants me to do online dating. The main reason I'm on there is because I'm gay. If I were straight I would just go meet guys in real life.