Veteran

25 Apr 2014, 11:23 pm

I hope no one ever has to do this on me. It looks scary even in words

http://www.smithsonian.com/innovation/i ... 180951170/

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2014, 12:27 am

I just hope I never have to ever go for any type of brain surgery, period. The idea of being operated on while I'm awake, which they pretty much have to do during brain surgery, scares the crap out of me, and I'm afraid I'd do something like twist my head the wrong way in the restraints.

Eccles_the_Mighty
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2014, 8:35 am

Don't knock it, it works. A friend of mine has Parkinsons Disease and he had this operation a year ago. The improvement in his lifestyle is amazing and apart from a very slight shaking of the legs when he stands you would never know that he was ill.

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2014, 5:49 pm

Eccles_the_Mighty wrote:
Don't knock it, it works. A friend of mine has Parkinsons Disease and he had this operation a year ago. The improvement in his lifestyle is amazing and apart from a very slight shaking of the legs when he stands you would never know that he was ill.

I have no doubts it works for what it needs to work for, the surgery itself just scares the crap out of me, because I know they wouldn't be able to put me under if I needed it.

khaoz
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2014, 8:45 pm

IT scares me too because there is no way I could lay there conscious with all those bright lights, noises and human beings that close to me and if they had to put me under they would have to strap me down because everytime I have been put under, when I wake up I am like a raging maniac.