Do you ever feel like the opposite gender trapped in the bod

Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

Housedays
Raven
Raven

26 Apr 2014, 2:00 pm

Do you ever feel like the opposite gender trapped in the body of the gender that you are?

LookingLost
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2014, 2:18 pm

I think quite a lot of people feel like that, and it's sometimes called being transgender. Have you looked through the threads on the LGBT subsection of WP?

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2014, 2:28 pm

I was born female, but I know I'm a man. I feel like the opposite gender and I also look very masculine as well. If I didn't look like a young, cuddly version of Mick Avory of The Kinks, I would have had the F to M operation a long time ago.

ZombieBrideXD
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2014, 3:53 pm

Yep, i feel like im delt an unfair hand.

kinda like i was born, and life was just like "here you go! heres your gender" and i was just like "w-wait! i never asked for a Female gender!" and life was like " too bad, its what you got" and i was like " but! i dont know how to deal with Periods, breasts, and fashion" and life was like "sucks to be you! bye"!

DA: http://mephilesdark123.deviantart.com

FireyInspiration
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2014, 3:58 pm

I'm a guy who 'feels' like a guy, but I do get along better (on a friend-only or professional level) with women than most guys my age.

Mindslave
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2014, 4:16 pm

I only feel that way when I spend too much time around my mother (and sister and grandmother). I've always been treated like a daughter instead of like a son. It's annoying. Naturally, I feel like a guy, but in a wig, or something. I dunno.

megocode3
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

26 Apr 2014, 4:16 pm

I was born a man and I'm quite content being one. I have no desire to be the opposite gender.

GibbieGal
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Apr 2014, 9:55 pm

ZombieBrideXD wrote:
...and life was like "sucks to be you! bye"!

:lol:
I love it...

I never felt "transgender" but in some ways I feel that I'm more masculine. As a teen I tried to look more like a guy (fooled some people, confused a lot of other people), not because I felt like I was one, but I just wasn't comfortable with having a feminine identity and being masculine was the only other option. I'm more okay with being a woman now but, without feeling like I have "the wrong body," I'm still a somewhat masculine woman, if that makes sense. I think a lot of it has to do with the need to be authentic, and a lot of woman-ese seems fake; Hamlet's "God gave you one face but you painted yourself another," and all that. 8)

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2014, 10:50 pm

It was tough growing up in my household, because my dad was always trying to teach me to be ladylike. I brushed off everything he did the way a person shews a fly off their shoulder.

My oldest cousin who's 5 years older than myself spotted me going through other peoples recycling. He sent a text to my dad that said GRABBY HANDS. My mum told me about it and my dad told that old-fashioned cousin of mine that what I do is my own business. I take that as a compliment as I channel my need for work and exercise into covering more ground looking through parks as well as through peoples recycling and I joke about it with my two close friends.

I guess that my aunt was a real lady when she was alive and Scott was expecting my sister and I to grow up to be like her, his mum.

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2014, 5:26 pm

I'm not a guy, but I'm not that feminine either. I don't like my female body type, but I don't want a male one to replace it. I think, if I had my choice and it wouldn't be a huge expensive undertaking, I'd want to be androgynous, with no particularly gendered features.

But I don't see my body as a big part of what I am. It's more of a hassle I put up with. So I'm not really neutrois; there's no dysphoria, or if there is, it never gets past "mildly annoying".

It's not so much being trapped in my body--it's more like being trapped in my culture. I don't get to express the masculine and neuter parts of me without people looking at me funny.

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

TheBlueEyedAlien
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Apr 2014, 6:15 pm

Yeah, I'm trans. (FTM)

I do feel like a guy "trapped" inside a females body, and am curtain of it. But, I don't suffer extreme dysphoria like most trans genders do.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2014, 6:57 pm

I am a TG MTF person.

I am not trapped. My body fat has redistributed with estrogen. I no longer have "dysphoria"; my brain and body are mostly happy. However, I have brain damage/functioning problems that is diagnosed as an ASD.

I like my hair short, so I look masculine/androgynous.

GibbieGal
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Apr 2014, 7:08 pm

Callista wrote:
I'm not a guy, but I'm not that feminine either. I don't like my female body type, but I don't want a male one to replace it. I think, if I had my choice and it wouldn't be a huge expensive undertaking, I'd want to be androgynous, with no particularly gendered features.

Me too.

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2014, 7:10 pm

Callista wrote:

But I don't see my body as a big part of what I am. It's more of a hassle I put up with. So I'm not really neutrois; there's no dysphoria, or if there is, it never gets past "mildly annoying".

It's not so much being trapped in my body--it's more like being trapped in my culture. I don't get to express the masculine and neuter parts of me without people looking at me funny.

I second all of this. Though I'd be happy with a female body that was just less "womanly" than mine is.

owlyellow
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

27 Apr 2014, 8:22 pm

I was born female, and I am fine being a female though I relate way more to being androgynous. I've always felt I was half-male and half-female on the inside ever since I was a little kid. I never even really got into painting my toenails or hair and makeup until my mid-twenties, and even then, it's pretty limited.

You are very likely an Aspie

rapidroy
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2014, 12:21 am

[i]

Callista wrote:

I really agree with most of this, I don't feel like I fit the male gender role or any gender perfectly really, I can't really decide 100% what I physically should be other then I don't feel like I am purely male at all. I have had various run ins with many people since I was a little kid regarding gender identity issues. I hate being referred to as male and being expected to conform to some male gender role that does not feel right for me. Physically I have always chose to make myself appear rather feminine, I don't understand in the least why most males I know want to emulate lumberjacks or the people on Duck Dynasty and act like stereotypical men in every way possible like its some sort of supreme way of being.

Changing genders leads to a lifetime of hassle and explaining so I think aiming for something down the middle is the best option if that works. I am lucky that I was born with a fairly feminine body and face for a guy, a good candidate for changing genders actually so I can look in the mirror and be happy enough with what I see. Sometimes people who don't look close think I am a girl and I take no offence to that at all, people try to criticize or get a reaction out of me saying that I look like a girl and my answer is "what is wrong with looking like a girl?", I usually get no answer.

I am essentially living as an androgynous person and identify this way, not legally because of the hassle however everywhere else I always pick "Other" for a gender.