God exists. I can prove it. You can prove it too

Page 4 of 5 [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

seaturtleisland
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2014, 10:02 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
thinkinginpictures wrote:
It seems like I accidentally kill God when I try to rescue him...

Hey, that's not my intention!

Involuntary diecide!

Do you mean deicide?

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2014, 1:56 am

Thankyou.

Yes folks say 'dee- ity', but I guess its really DAY-ity. I before E except...when sounding like A as in nieghbor, and weigh.. :oops:

einsteinmyhero
Toucan
Toucan

28 Apr 2014, 2:29 am

Will yall stop fighting. its opinion. done.

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2014, 3:01 am

einsteinmyhero wrote:
Will yall stop fighting. its opinion. done.

But its fun to debate! :lol:

DentArthurDent
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2014, 6:18 am

^couldn't agree more Tman

@OP Douglas Adams beat you to it

"The Babel fish is small, yellow and leech-like, and probably the oddest thing in the Universe. It feeds on brainwave energy received not from its own carrier but from those around it. It absorbs all unconscious mental frequencies from this brainwave energy to nourish itself with. It then excretes into the mind of its carrier a telepathic matrix formed by combining the conscious thought frequencies with the nerve signals picked up from the speech centres of the brain which has supplied them. The practical upshot of all this is that if you stick a Babel fish in your ear you can instantly understand anything said to you in any form of language. The speech patterns you actually hear decode the brainwave matrix which has been fed into your mind by your Babel fish.
Now it is such a bizarrely improbable coincidence that anything so mindbogglingly useful could have evolved purely by chance that some thinkers have chosen it to see it as a final and clinching proof of the non-existence of God.
The argument goes something like this: "I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing."
"But," says Man, "the Babel fish is a dead giveaway isn't it? It could not have evolved by chance. It proves you exist, and therefore, by your own arguments, you don't. QED."
"Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanishes in a puff of logic.
"Oh, that was easy," says Man, and for an encore goes on to prove that black is white and gets killed on the next zebra crossing.
Most leading theologians claim that this argument is a load of dingo's kidneys, but that didn't stop Oolon Colluphid making a small fortune when he used it as the central theme of his best-selling book Well That About Wraps It Up For God.
Meanwhile, the poor Babel fish, by effectively removing all barriers to communication between different races and cultures, has caused more and bloodier wars than anything else in the history of creation.
"

I.E gods exists in things we do not "yet" understand, e.g god once existed because a bolt of lightning ignited a tree and gave us fire just around the same time as we needed heat, then we learnt how to produce heat and later on electrostatic discharge. We saw bright fast/slow moving lights in the sky and believed they were signs of god and then we discovered not only were we not a unique planet with all around circling us. We discovered that our sun was one of billions and that the universe for was expanding and we quite possibly have little more significance than the comets or asteroids passing by us.

To be quite honest it astounds me that anyone who accepts the heliocentric fact, and has seen this photo cannot cast off the superstition of their surroundings and accept that we live in a physical universe devoid of supernatural self importance.
[img][800:615]http://blogs.lt.vt.edu/andy11/files/2012/04/pale-blue-dot.jpg[/img]

"Religion is the impotence of the human mind to deal with occurrences it cannot understand" Karl Marx

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2014, 11:34 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEK6WtHxNfw[/youtube]

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList