I might be seeing someone, starting tomorrow.

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Tross
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2014, 6:15 pm

A girl invited me out to a church group tomorrow night at 7, but also suggested meeting halfway, carpooling, and stopping at Starbucks for coffee, beforehand. This is a completely new experience for me, and evidence to suggest that the world is going to end soon, since I, of all people, don't go out for coffee with girls. But, on a more serious note, does anyone have any advice? This thing...whatever you want to call it, is happening tomorrow.

Deuterium
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Apr 2014, 6:33 pm

I recommend the vanilla latte

TheHermit
Raven
Raven

26 Apr 2014, 8:09 pm

Dude, I should be asking you for advice! And find out if she has a cute sister. ;)

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2014, 8:13 pm

1. realize she initiated, she's into you already so 2. show up and 3. buy her coffee. 4. Notice something about her you admire (clothes she wears, unique smile, etc) and compliment her on it. 5. Look her in the eyes when you're speaking. 6. Score, you've just mastered the art of a first coffee date because literally all it takes is showing up and paying attention.

Tross
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2014, 12:34 am

Aristophanes wrote:
1. realize she initiated, she's into you already so 2. show up and 3. buy her coffee. 4. Notice something about her you admire (clothes she wears, unique smile, etc) and compliment her on it. 5. Look her in the eyes when you're speaking. 6. Score, you've just mastered the art of a first coffee date because literally all it takes is showing up and paying attention.
Thanks for the advice. I forgot number 4, and I did offer to buy her coffee, but she said she's proud of the money she's earned, and wanted to buy her own coffee, so I figured I would just let her go ahead. At least I offered. Numbers 1, 2, and 6 are reassuring, but I think looking her in the eyes was the best tip. I did that, and it worked. She's interested in doing something together, again. I think that's a good sign. It actually wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be. I was expecting to feel really nervous, but I didn't, at all. We just conversed, and it felt really comfortable, and natural. :D

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2014, 7:37 am

Good for you man, good for you. And yeah, if she doesn't want to play antiquated gender norms (buying her own coffee) that's cool too, at least you offered. I mean as long as you don't treat the girl like she's a hooker in a grand theft auto game you'll generally do well.

Tross
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2014, 10:14 am

Aristophanes wrote:
Good for you man, good for you. And yeah, if she doesn't want to play antiquated gender norms (buying her own coffee) that's cool too, at least you offered. I mean as long as you don't treat the girl like she's a hooker in a grand theft auto game you'll generally do well.
Good to know, not that I had any plans to treat her as such. :lol:

capricasix
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

02 May 2014, 5:35 pm

so... You're going to ask her or just wait for her to do it again? :)