Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Geist
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

28 Apr 2014, 9:19 am

P¡nk - (aka Alecia Beth Moore Hart)

Smart, strong, sexy without ego. Stands up for herself (and others), doesn't care what people think about her and still has a huge heart.

Bonus writes her own songs and can not only sing them, and sing them well, but can sing them in a form that is unique among woman. Distinctive voice, refuses pitch correction in her recordings and still gets applause from critics for it. She just keeps getting better and better with each album. Just watching her concerts on tv shows she attracts fans of all ages, from all walks of life.

I love her music and the artist as she presents herself, definitely look up to her myself. She's one of my fav female artists.. hope she is around for a long, long time. I so wish I could handle going to one of her concerts they are fun to watch on tv, but must be a blast in person.

What about you? Any other fans here?

b_edward
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 Apr 2014, 10:54 am

Definitely a fan.

Geist
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

28 Apr 2014, 11:02 am

b_edward, Sweet. Ever been to one of her concerts? Do ye have a fav song?

b_edward
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 Apr 2014, 11:10 am

Geist wrote:
b_edward, Sweet. Ever been to one of her concerts? Do ye have a fav song?

I really dont go to concerts anymore but a couple of my favorite songs are "Try" and "Raise Your Glass"

Aharon
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2014, 11:29 am

I respect her take on her music and career as opposed to what the music industry tried to malform her into. She didn't compromise herself to get famous; on the contrary she risked everything to be the musician she is. That girl has guts, and I applaud her success.

We are not so different from potted plants in that, if given everything we need to be properly nourished, the outcome can be incredibly contrary to when we are not. A flower won't grow in flour, and neither can we.

CyclopsSummers
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2014, 11:47 am

While I can understand why Pink would have a distaste for her debut album and the direction they were trying to push her in, I appreciate it that she does occasionally perform songs from those days, if only for the fans who got into her through Can't Take Me Home, like below in the medley of three of her earliest hits:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77XRDw66VXQ[/youtube]

Also, there's this:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4sApEqkDFw[/youtube]

Girl's got moves!

Geist
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

02 May 2014, 6:02 am

b_edward wrote:
I really dont go to concerts anymore but a couple of my favorite songs are "Try" and "Raise Your Glass"

Do you have a hard time sensory-wise, or did you just tire of concert scene itself? Yes, two great songs. I also love Timebomb, the power behind the song is fitting. I like how all of her songs have a meaning. None of her music is album filler.

Aharon wrote:
I respect her take on her music and career as opposed to what the music industry tried to malform her into. She didn't compromise herself to get famous; on the contrary she risked everything to be the musician she is. That girl has guts, and I applaud her success.

I really agree with you on that too. It must have been scary to stand up for her style like that (especially given the other popular styles of music out at the time when she was starting her career), but she stuck with it and it worked. She's amazing. I wish I had that strength.

CyclopsSummers wrote:
While I can understand why Pink would have a distaste for her debut album and the direction they were trying to push her in, I appreciate it that she does occasionally perform songs from those days, if only for the fans who got into her through Can't Take Me Home, like below in the medley of three of her earliest hits:
Girl's got moves!

Yes, I too love how she doesn't hide or ignore her early work. It's all her, past-present-future. It made her who she is. I like that respect she has for her work even if it wasn't her fav time of her career. I know on the dance moves! The acrobatics are **amazing** too! She makes you want to dance (even if you can't :wink:) She makes you want to try flying across a massive stadium on wires too. Fantastic stuff.

In the behind the scenes clips her concert crew all seem to love each other. It's the artist that sets the vibe, she seems to be a great person to work with. What a job.

LiberalJustice
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2014, 8:40 pm

Huge fan. Have been since I was about 6 or 7.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asaCQOZpqUQ[/youtube]

Adopted mother to a cat named Charlotte, and grandmother to 3 kittens.