physical pain when touched etc (please help)

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

ExoMuseum
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

29 Apr 2014, 6:07 am

so i just noticed, this guy i hardly know and consider very gross touched my arm, and when i told him i didnt like it, he just kept asking why, and i tried explaining it without bringing up aspergers (because im meeting with the specialstis this friday) and i just started feeling sick, like nausea and headache, i dont know does that happen to anyone else?
bc i mean i could just be because im allergic to pollen but i dont think so

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2014, 6:47 am

I have felt my skin burn from touching certain things. And I sometimes feel like things are crawling under my skin as well with certain touches. I don't know if I have been sensitive enough to feel nauseous and physically ill. But I have felt much distress from certain touches. Sometimes I feel so much that I have to wash my hands or the part that was touched or try to neutralize the touch somehow by pressing hard on it or touching other things strongly or repeatedly.

Wreck It Ralph

ImeldaJace
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2014, 10:34 am

Things burn and crawl for me too, esp. the burning.

I think that the burning seems to happen when I touch some dry texture like cloth, paper, etc. that bothers me. It thnk that the crawling sensation happens when something brushes up against me like certain loose styles of clothing, someone rubbing my back,

One thing though, is that breeze or wind against my skin burns instead of "crawls."

I do occasionally get nauseous and a headache and such when I get overloaded from sensory imput. The feeling sometimes accompanies a shutdown as well, but not always. And now that I think about it, I do sometimes feel sick like that when I have to touch something that the texture of it grosses me out, although the feeling isn't really either a burning or crawling sensation.

ExoMuseum
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

29 Apr 2014, 10:38 am

yeah that crawling thing happens to me too, and it was probably a combination of the fact that i cant stand this guy and he wont respect that i dont like being touched

ImeldaJace
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2014, 10:44 am

ok, so somehow WP submitted my response before I did... :scratch:

Here's the rest of what I was going to say:

Occasionally I can top the burning or crawling sensation if I bury my hand in a neutral or pleasing texture. But I rarely have something like that with me and sometimes burying my hand makes it worse. It does help though if I try the sort of 'distract' my brain by giving it some calming or positive sensory imput like pressure from a weighted vest, but I often don't carry that around with me either.

ImeldaJace
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2014, 10:48 am

ExoMuseum wrote:
yeah that crawling thing happens to me too, and it was probably a combination of the fact that i cant stand this guy and he wont respect that i dont like being touched

That makes a lot of sense. I think that sometimes the situation and our emotions can feed into our bodies' response to things like that. I know for me I can sometimes feel physically sick when I'm really anxious as well, so my anxiety could feed into the sensory problem or even just be my body's response to it.

SteelMaiden
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2014, 6:46 am

I scream and lash out when people touch me in any way. It feels like they're giving me an electric shock.