My question is it possible for White Women and White Men as

Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

SoftwareEngineer
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2014, 1:34 pm

Actually, it's kind of an interesting question. I wonder if the question is really based in the results of various migrations and trying to sort them out. For instance, the Ashkenazi Jews, who originated in Israel, emigrated to Eastern Europe generations ago bringing some black hair with them. Also, I knew a girl who was black Irish. She said the black Irish are the result of a group migration of Spaniards to Ireland - she referred to herself as "Castilian Irish." So, I wonder about the specific context of "European." Is it European by ancient lineage (pre-historic native tribes), ethnicity, place of birth, or something else? Plus, I wonder if the question differentiates between Northern European and the Mediterranean.

On the subject of sun lightening of hair, that actually occurs. Today, I shave my head. However, when I was younger, my hair was reddish blonde in winter, but lightened to absolute blonde in summer. Direct exposure hair to ultralight sun rays actually lighten the color - some pigments are photochemically reactive. Of course, outer layers of hair will get more sun, so they will be lighter than the under layers. And, that can be very cool.

I don't think natural hair is iridescent, but many dyes and treatments are. Especially, hair sprays, shampoos, and conditioners. So, women who use those products can have almost dazzling effects in their hair.

Hopper
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2014, 2:24 pm

^^ It's a mid-brown now, but in my youth my hair was quite blonde, and it would go yet blonder in the summer.

SoftwareEngineer wrote:
Initially, white people can have almost any color of hair. But, eventually it all turns gray.

Ha! :) My hair's in a race to see if the receding hairline can put a stop to me getting a chance to go what I was hoping would be a sophisticated and dignified grey.

You know sometimes, between the dames and the horses, I don't even know why I put my hat on.

SoftwareEngineer
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2014, 6:16 pm

Hopper wrote:
^^ It's a mid-brown now, but in my youth my hair was quite blonde, and it would go yet blonder in the summer.

SoftwareEngineer wrote:
Initially, white people can have almost any color of hair. But, eventually it all turns gray.

Ha! :) My hair's in a race to see if the receding hairline can put a stop to me getting a chance to go what I was hoping would be a sophisticated and dignified grey.

A few years ago, I decided to put a razor to work and do away with my hair. I like it. You may want to use the "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em" strategy, like I did.

This is what I look like today. I suppose you could call my hair color "null."

https://scontent-b-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hph ... 6706_n.jpg