Does this Muslim girl like me?

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

MonsterGuy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 Apr 2014, 5:50 pm

I'm Muslim, too, by the way. I'm 15, she's 12. Until February 2013, I had a HUGE crush on her friend, but I eventually gave up and her friend moved away. But when i did talk to her she was VERY introverted, but still decent (as in nice and not disrespectful). One time I thought she ignored me on purpose but later she said she just didn't hear me. But she was looking right at me! Anyway, she's said hi back to me, and stuff, but very aloof-ly. But ever since she started wearing a headscarf (which girls are supposed to wear when they hit puberty) she's been running away from me whenever she sees me, and I don't know why. her tiny friend, (who was 9) didn't seem bothered by me at all, and said she's always scared of me. By the way, her dad's an imam (Islamic clergy) so her family's very religious. Could she possibly like me?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2014, 6:02 pm

It seems to me that the older girl has entered a new phase in her life, according to the Islamic religion. Now, in the eyes of that religion, if I'm not mistaken, she is a woman rather than a girl. New rules apply. She must now be modest, and must not be seen as drawing male attention. If her dad's an Imam, this is multiplied a thousand times.

MonsterGuy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 Apr 2014, 6:17 pm

But does she like me?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2014, 6:22 pm

LOL...How am I supposed to know?

If I were you, I'd go search for other fish in the sea.

Marcia
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2014, 6:34 pm

Nothing that you say would indicate that she likes you. She is civil to you when you push her to acknowledge you, and more recently she has been actively avoiding you - running away.

Quite apart from that, she is a 12 year old girl. You are still a child yourself and you do seem to have a thing for younger girls. As this is in love and dating, I assume your interest is not platonic. This is, at best, inappropriate, and you really need to stop approaching young girls like this, or you may find yourself in serious trouble.

If you are looking for a girlfriend, then try getting to know a girl your own age.