Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

Aldedebaran
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

01 May 2014, 12:42 am

I think this should be the place for all Canadians to introduce themselves to the community. Say hello, where you are currently and one thing that interests you. If you find someone with a shared interest, feel free to ask about it. Make new friends.

I'll start:

Hello, I'm Aldedebaran. I live in Barrie Ontario. Im a student who likes Space!

1401b
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2014, 5:30 am

Canadian's can't get Autism Spectrum Disorders.
Unless they were born outside of Canada and their parents never told them.

Aldedebaran
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

01 May 2014, 9:24 am

Support your hypothesis!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2014, 9:28 am

There are many Canadians in this Forum.

IamRob
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 May 2014, 11:39 pm

Hello fellow canadian.je suis quebecois,my first language is english but am fluent in french.
Im interested in a little of everything but this past month its been being on this site

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2014, 1:52 am

1401b wrote:
Canadian's can't get Autism Spectrum Disorders.
Unless they were born outside of Canada and their parents never told them.

I should probably interrogate my parents then, and find out what the truth is! :P

But in any case, I'm an aspie, born and raised in Alberta! :D Even though there are a bunch of backwards hicks living here, and the weather sucks, overall I'm glad I was lucky enough to be born in Canada. I only wish I was born in another province like BC or Ontario, but other than that, things are pretty decent here.

Douglas_MacNeill
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2014, 11:13 am

I'm from northern Alberta, born and bred.
Unfortunately, that puts me four or five days
driving time (our or back, not both) away from you.

In any event, welcome to wrongplanet.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2014, 4:31 pm

I'm from New York City.

Ever been to Fort McMurray?

Aldedebaran
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

02 May 2014, 7:35 pm

Awesome! Hello new friends! I just found out and I'm in the process of seeking a diagnosis, so I'm still VERY new to the community and I have had quite a shock. Does anyone have any advice?

IamRob
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 May 2014, 8:34 pm

Depends on advice about what.for diagnosis-don't get your hopes up,it may take a long time and all it may result in is simply knowing for sure.it can be a long process from what i heard

Im waiting for a call back to see someone and it could take up to a year

Aldedebaran
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

02 May 2014, 9:54 pm

It seems that there are a lot of people here who are already positive that they are on the spectrum, but have no diagnosis. I'm struggling with disclosure. Now that I know, i want to shout it from the highest mountain, because I think its cool. I'm eager to help my friends understand me better and maybe make new ones. But I cant tell everybody without that damn pesky diagnosis to back up my claims. Its like knowing there are immediate steps I can take to make my life better, but not being able to do it. I just got a referral from an occupational therapist at my college and I'm pursuing a diagnosis as soon as possible, but the semester starts on Tuesday. There are also aspects of my course that are not geared in my best interest, and disclosing to understanding instructors could help me. But a lack of diagnosis gets in the way. Just frustrated and impatient.

IamRob
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 May 2014, 11:53 pm

Im not positive im on the spectrum,i question it every day.sometimes its yes ,sometimes no , sometimes maybe.and yes an official diagnosis would be nice whatever the outcome.but by having one you cant expect the world to understand and/or change for you.your gonna have to do it for yourself,not necessarily change but understand yourself more to be able to cope better,to know your limits.and sure it may help in certain situations but it may not either.

That feeling of shouting it from a mountain may wear off in time.it did for me and from what i read, others as well.when i realized i may have answers i reached a kind of manic state.it kind of sounds like your in a similar situation.before you do anything drastic wait a for things to settle a bit.

Sorry to sound pessimistic,im a little frustrated.(someone is hogging the bandwith)

Aldedebaran
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

03 May 2014, 12:56 am

I'm hyper aware of everything I'm feeling, ALL THE TIME. Prolonged social interaction with more than 2 or 3 people is incredibly stressful. I spend days alone, don't leave the house unless required. even then it's stressful. Forget about grocery shopping. Eat 1 meal a day. Cannabis helps a lot, but I can go weeks without (not without side effects on my mood). I cant keep a routine. Find motivation to continue to exercise.

Sigh... I had to Say it.

There are good things too, I don't know my IQ, but I'm pretty sure its up there. I grasp math and logic, and laws very well. physics is no mystery to me and i could achieve at the highest levels of education. I love watching the news, what fascinates me about it is the geopolitical issues, what makes this group of people tick?, what are their values?, what influences them to act?

Toy_Soldier
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2014, 5:07 am

This place is full of Canadians. Just a few males, scouts I think, have shown themselves, but the females are there. Dozens of them. Sometimes at night I hear them moving around in the ceiling, or under the floorboards.

Did you hear that? Oh God, they are in the walls!! ! Blam-Blam!, Blam-Blam-Blam! AAAHHHAHahhhaa....

(I watch too many Sci-Fi movies. :lol: )