Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

monsterchic
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 May 2014, 11:23 am

Question for you all--

In my AP English class, we're doing a PSA about parents hosting parties. We're going to make it about adults who do "teen" stuff to try being cool, but in reality it doesn't work. "You wouldn't do this to seem cool to your kid, so why provide alcohol?" kind of thing.

What are some of the things your parents do that embarrass you?

LMH
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 May 2014, 12:22 pm

The most embarassing thing that my arents ever did to me has to be from my dad. It's still really embarassing.

I take after him in how I look MUCH younger than my age. I'm 16 and I look like I'm 12. He's 50 and got mistaken for a 16-year-old by a waitress when I met up with my boyfriend for the very first time.
I was already red, and guess what Dad did?
He chatted up the waitress right in front of my boyfriend and me, whilst I wished the ground would swallow me whole. It was so embarassing! Plus he got her number. :oops:
To make matters worse, the very first text my boyfriend sent me after I got home was: "So your father got a new girlfriend then?"

:oops:

Rich99
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

11 May 2014, 8:08 pm

LMH wrote:
The most embarassing thing that my arents ever did to me has to be from my dad. It's still really embarassing.

I take after him in how I look MUCH younger than my age. I'm 16 and I look like I'm 12. He's 50 and got mistaken for a 16-year-old by a waitress when I met up with my boyfriend for the very first time.
I was already red, and guess what Dad did?
He chatted up the waitress right in front of my boyfriend and me, whilst I wished the ground would swallow me whole. It was so embarassing! Plus he got her number. :oops:
To make matters worse, the very first text my boyfriend sent me after I got home was: "So your father got a new girlfriend then?"

:oops:

Yeah, a similar thing keeps happening with my dad. He keeps embarrasing me by pointing out the fact that I am stimming, even though I do it as inconspicuous as possible. (I do love him a lot, but he can sometimes be a little insensitive.) He also tends to point out other things that I do that is normal for my age.

For your project, I would say "Don't point out your teen's flaws, it will embarrass him or her and everyone else at the party."