Page 3 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

micfranklin
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2014, 2:00 pm

I remember some evangelist video talking about how it's all bad and people who watch it are evil sinners.

sonofghandi
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2014, 2:31 pm

My parents crazy church when I was growing up was vehemently against the Smurfs because Gargamel was a sorcerer, his cat was named after a demon, and apparently the smurfs were blue because they were aborted fetuses who had the life choked out of them.

And Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles somehow promoted the evil evolutionism cult.

And Looney Toons promoted crossdressers and by extension homosexuality and beastiality.

Last time I talked to my oldest sister (the last one that talks to them), she said they are back to their old rants of everything terrible that happens is because Disney is destroying family values by promoting homosexuality, single parenthood, witchcraft, and atheism.

Everything evil in their world came from TV, the movies, and whatever the latest "satanic" fad was. Plus hippies, Democrats, and communists.

trollcatman
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2014, 4:44 pm

sonofghandi wrote:
My parents crazy church when I was growing up was vehemently against the Smurfs because Gargamel was a sorcerer, his cat was named after a demon, and apparently the smurfs were blue because they were aborted fetuses who had the life choked out of them.

And Looney Toons promoted crossdressers and by extension homosexuality and beastiality.

Last time I talked to my oldest sister (the last one that talks to them), she said they are back to their old rants of everything terrible that happens is because Disney is destroying family values by promoting homosexuality, single parenthood, witchcraft, and atheism.

Everything evil in their world came from TV, the movies, and whatever the latest "satanic" fad was. Plus hippies, Democrats, and communists.

Really don't know what to say about this. Sometimes I get the feeling that people with ideas so far out of the mainstream (and for which is no evidence) reinforce those ideas by only talking to other people with similar ideas. I really don't get how people arrive at such ridiculous conclusions.

micfranklin
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2014, 5:15 pm

trollcatman wrote:
sonofghandi wrote:

Really don't know what to say about this. Sometimes I get the feeling that people with ideas so far out of the mainstream (and for which is no evidence) reinforce those ideas by only talking to other people with similar ideas. I really don't get how people arrive at such ridiculous conclusions.

Really, churches or anyone in general has no business preaching about an issue or whatever it is that they don't understand nor have any intention of trying to understand. If everything's so bad and unholy in the world then isolate yourself somewhere where none of that exists. Like the moon.