A Question for Autisic/Aspie Guys About Finding A Girlfriend

Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2014, 10:57 pm

autisticman2 wrote:
How about you guys, are you having a hard time finding a girlfriend?

If so, why do you think that is?

Any advice from anyone on how I could potentially find a girlfriend? (Ladies can comment on this too.)

Yes.

Because I'm not looking for one - and that's because I'm gay. :P

Be yourself, try to keep a positive attitude, keep yourself as physically fit as you can manage, eat as healthily as you can afford to - you'll look & feel, think feel & act better - and that'll go a long way in attracting someone who likes you for you. Further, I like my friends advice of not looking for a significant other. Rather, spend your time focusing on yourself and things you enjoy doing. Sometime while you're out there doing what you do that makes you feel alive, someone will notice that passion & strike up a conversation (or give you the opportunity to) and that's how you may meet someone.

IKnowWhoIAmNow
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 May 2014, 1:12 pm

Very hard finding a girlfriend. I have never been able to relate to NT women beyond a certain point and there are very few opportunities in Real Life for me to meet AS and strongly eccentric NT women. In the end, I resorted to getting more involved on WP primarily as a dating website, as there are a lot of people in the UK region where I live who are members of this site.

So far I have noticed a few women who seem compatible and approached one in particular. We have started meeting, though at this stage is it just for coffee and chatting rather than true "dating" as such. So it may work for you and for some, particularly people living in remote regions of very large countries such as the US, it may be the only option.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2014, 4:59 am

autisticman2 wrote:
How about you guys, are you having a hard time finding a girlfriend?
If so, why do you think that is?

In my personal opinion, this probably doesn't help:

autisticman2 wrote:
With all of this, girls do not want to date me and sometimes I find it rude that they won't.

SinewStew
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

16 May 2014, 7:49 pm

Stop looking for a girlfriend. That's problem number one for a lot of ASD men. You're not trying to fill a position at a company. Having a significant other is not a requirement in life. Be yourself and do things that you enjoy with like-minded people. Inevitably, you'll click with someone. In the meantime have casual sex if you want, use protection, and don't get too attached.