Are you on a special diet? Does it make you feel different?

Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2014, 3:10 pm

wozeree wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
What does BPA stand for?

BisPhenol A is a carbon-based synthetic compound with the chemical formula2C(C6H4OH)2 belonging to the group of diphenylmethane derivatives and bisphenols. It has been in commercial use since 1957.

You don't know that by heart, do you? :D

mr. gates' assistant, mr. bing told me that. :)
wozeree wrote:
I think it's taken out of most food related items now (like it used to be in baby bottles, water bottles, those plastic things you put leftovers in). I just wonder what they put in to replace it. 8O

that is a VERY good question.

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

04 May 2014, 7:35 pm

ellemenope wrote:
Anyway, I know the gluten free dairy free diet is a tad controversial perhaps and not everyone thinks dietary changes affect the manifestation of symptoms of autism- I know this. I'm not sure what I think about it, so I am wondering what you think and would like to hear about actual experiences with it. Has anyone tried this diet- did you feel different? Is it worth it?

Lots of people have tried the diet. From pooling their experiences, there's currently no good evidence that it works.

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1 ... 4F8.f03t02

It is possible that more research would find that it does work, but right now it is impossible to say.

Unless you have reason to suspect that your son is intolerant to gluten or casein like his dad, I wouldn't put him on a restricted diet. I know that I can only get through the day because of my favourite foods, most of which contain one or the other. Most autistic people are, to some extent, fussy eaters, and you could be setting yourself up for a lot of stress finding foods that he'll eat if you immediate rule out a whole load (I know my parents would testify to that :P).

Good luck, I hope it all goes well for you.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2014, 2:46 am

Yes, although not quite as ultra strict as I have been over the last year or so.

See the link in my sig for my story & the diet I've followed that's made a massive positive difference in my symptoms.