Page 2 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

wozeree
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2014, 7:40 pm

KingdomOfRats wrote:
although the original post sounds like propasagnosia [or however its spelt] am unable to recognise people as all people look the same to self, all people are just lines,colours;a generic shapeless object-am unable to discriminate things like race though have got perfect vision,its just a part of having severe autism.
am able to recognise people by voice most and small sensory details that never change.

Stephen Colbert jokes about not recognizing race, you really don't!

I miss your avatar, but the kitty is cute.

Well today at work something really weird happened. I have face blindness pretty badly, but if I'm around someone enough, it will go away with them. Yesterday a young blonde woman (not a boss) whom I know pretty well, always recognize, have had lunch with several times among a group, gave me some work to do. This morning I brought the finished job to another blonde older woman, one of our bosses, somebody I always recognize, but would never have lunch with. I said, here's the job you gave me.

When she told me it wasn't her, I almost didn't believe her, I thought she was kidding me. I couldn't figure it out until I asked my other boss whom he had sent to give me the work.

The whole thing really unnerved me.