Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

MrGrumpy
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 May 2014, 4:28 pm

Hi KoR - how well can you differentiate between different animals (dogs, for example)? The variety of human appearance is not dissimilar to the variety of other animals' appearance. If the inability to differentiate between individuals is restricted to other humans, then it may be linked to some kind of communication problem. But if the problem extends to other animal species, then there may be some kind of visual defect.

wozeree
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2014, 7:40 pm

KingdomOfRats wrote:
although the original post sounds like propasagnosia [or however its spelt] am unable to recognise people as all people look the same to self, all people are just lines,colours;a generic shapeless object-am unable to discriminate things like race though have got perfect vision,its just a part of having severe autism.
am able to recognise people by voice most and small sensory details that never change.

Stephen Colbert jokes about not recognizing race, you really don't!

I miss your avatar, but the kitty is cute.

Well today at work something really weird happened. I have face blindness pretty badly, but if I'm around someone enough, it will go away with them. Yesterday a young blonde woman (not a boss) whom I know pretty well, always recognize, have had lunch with several times among a group, gave me some work to do. This morning I brought the finished job to another blonde older woman, one of our bosses, somebody I always recognize, but would never have lunch with. I said, here's the job you gave me.

When she told me it wasn't her, I almost didn't believe her, I thought she was kidding me. I couldn't figure it out until I asked my other boss whom he had sent to give me the work.

The whole thing really unnerved me.