Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Berrylicious
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

07 May 2014, 7:19 pm

Some years ago I listened to mostly pop rock, jazz, classical and to a lesser extent, hip hop/rap. I also listened to slow jam, a sub genre of r&b. Of all the music I listen to, my favourite artists are Alicia Keys, Adele, Keshia Chante, Jack Johnson, Leona Lewis and that's it I guess. A few of the the artists I used to like such as Rihanna, Ciara and Ashanti. I don't seem to like Rihanna as much as I did in the past is because I find her music vulgar these days (I mean she sings about how she likes being degraded) and I didn't like the fact that she went back to her boyfriend who had abused her before. I don't know what's with her. Previously when I first heard her music, she had a sweet personality, I thought I liked her songs and now she has become more...I don't know what to say. She's changed a lot. Sometimes I miss the way she was, for I was a former fan. For Ashanti, she's not much of my musical tastes as I felt she's not as famous as other singers.

And Ciara, I don't buy her album. Ten years ago I heard her song Goodies and it was sort of my favourite song. Up until now I think to me, she's sort of a crunk version of Aaliyah, as people can't stop comparing her to Aaliyah.

I also used to like JLo until I realize what a selfish hypocrite she is. How could she write a song Love Don't Cost a Thing and had a boyfriend who was way younger than her for her own gain, which I think she acts like she can't live without a man.

And Beyoncé, I don't like her anymore. All these years she sung about female empowerment and how women don't need a man to please and now she said bow down B****** I think and sings about getting drunk and talking trash. I find her hypocritical at times.

I used to like Nelly Furtado. Back in the day she was one of the most popular singers on the chart and her early albums were so good. I don't like her recent album. For me it's not what I used to like. I don't seem to like pop nowadays. I think I prefer music from the '90s until recently.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2014, 7:59 pm

paul simon is my favorite. his recent domestic abuse headlines dampen, but do not negate this.

lifelover94
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

07 May 2014, 8:19 pm

my personal favorite is the late, great Marty Robbins. Not only a wonderful singer, but he was a very good race car driver.
Eddie Rabbitt is another favorite, gone too soon from the world. :cry: [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryzIX09s2o4[/youtube]
Kentucky Rain was written by Eddie if you don't know this.[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxTD9YVDd38[/youtube]

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2014, 9:46 pm

Berrylicious wrote:
For Ashanti, she's not much of my musical tastes as I felt she's not as famous as other singers.

You don't listen to her music because she's not famous enough?

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2014, 11:51 am

My favorite singers include David Drainman, Kevin Shield and Bilinda Butch, Maynard James Keenan, Sharon Den Adel, Chino Moreno, Serj Tankian, Russel Allen, and Devin Townsend.

Through other people's eyes

Autism FAQs http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt186115.html

LuigiDude

10 May 2014, 2:42 pm

Here are some of my favorite singers:

Morrissey
Lou Reed
Michael Stipe
Paul Westerberg
Jello Biafra
Joey Ramone
Joe Strummer
George Harrison
David Gilmour
Ian Brown

In general, I listen to rock music from the 60s, 70s & 80s, and I enjoy punk, alternative rock & post-punk. I've been listening to a lot of 60s music recently, and I'm trying to get into the Byrds & Cream.

OreganoLightbulb
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 May 2014, 12:15 pm

Paul Simon and Joni Mitchell :D

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2014, 4:27 pm

Lloyd Cole, Justin Currie, Mike Oldfield.

wozeree
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2014, 8:19 pm

lifelover94 wrote:
my personal favorite is the late, great Marty Robbins. Not only a wonderful singer, but he was a very good race car driver.
Eddie Rabbitt is another favorite, gone too soon from the world. :cry: [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryzIX09s2o4[/youtube]
Kentucky Rain was written by Eddie if you don't know this.[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxTD9YVDd38[/youtube]

I didn't know Eddie Rabbit died.

I remember one time I was at a famous rodeo to hear him sing, but he got drunk and canceled. They put a guy none of us had ever heard of in his place and we were all really mad. Then this guy comes out singing a white horse and took the house down. That was George Strait's big lucky break! He was so cool on that horse!

wozeree
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2014, 8:23 pm

My favorites right now are:

Regina Spektor
Cake
James Vincent McMorrow
Alpha Rev
Blitzen Trapper
Modest Mouse
Andrew Bird
Counting Crows
Iron & Wine
The Flaming Lips
Dan Mangan
Anais Mitchell

Actually my list is a lot longer, but I guess that's enough.

Moviefan2k4
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2014, 11:14 pm

I have too many to list all of them, but a few include Rascal Flatts, Taylor Swift, Michael Jackson, Backstreet Boys, Skillet, Michael W. Smith, and Amy Grant.