Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Taybot97
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

07 May 2014, 8:04 pm

So recently I've started to develop a crush on one of the girls I work with, and I think she might like me back too. However in hesitant about doing anything about it due to problems that could arise. I'm currently a high school junior and she is a senior, which wouldn't normally be a problem but this late in the school year means she will be going off to college around August. She is only going to a college about an hour away from where we live now so a long distance type thing would be a possibility (versus trying long distance across the country). My main question is would it be worth it. Is there a possibility of this ending well or is it best to move on and try to find a girl who isn't about to move away?

SammichEater
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2014, 8:20 pm

Try it. You'll never know if you don't try. The worst that could happen is you'll be right back where you are now.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2014, 8:21 pm

at your age, any relationship is not likely to be the forever one. if you like each other, go ahead and date. it may turn out to be a nice experience for both of you.

em_tsuj
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2014, 11:28 pm

It depends. How would you feel if you didn't try? How would you feel if you did try?

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2014, 12:01 am

Of course there's a possibility of it ending well.

You'll never know unless you pursue it and find out.

Then if things end, well, whatever - you're no worse off than you are right now, you're just back to being a free agent & on the market again. Big deal. If things go well, maybe you'll have a longer term relationship out of it than you seem to be assuming at the moment. Either way, it doesn't really look like you're in a losing position at all, as things will either be equal, or better. So, since you have nothing to lose.. take a shot and find out. ;)