Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2014, 11:58 pm

Over the past few days, I've been looking at all sorts of parts for my next gaming PC build, and I've pretty much settled on basing my system around an AMD A10-7850K Kaveri APU. The problem is, on Newegg they cost $190 Canadian, and on other sites they can go for over $220! :x I want to find one for around $150 Canadian. Does anyone know of any decent alternatives?

Sethno
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2014, 10:47 pm

Your thread title makes it sound like Canadians can't buy from Newegg, and you're looking for an alternative.

The truth of the matter is that you don't want to spend as much as the going price is.

Might I suggest "used", and going to eBay or Craigslist (provided you're careful)?

What would these results mean? Been told here I must be a "half pint".

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2014, 1:45 am

I live in a small town where there isn't a convenient local version of Craigslist, and I've already looked all over Ebay. I could probably wait a while and see if anyone's posting used APUs, though I doubt they'll be posting the one I'm looking for until the next generation comes out next year.

EDIT: You know what, never mind. :P My Newegg-fu just wasn't up to snuff. I managed to find a much better deal than the APU I was looking at before, so I'm happy now. Now I just have to save up the money to build the stupid thing. XD