Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

lifelover94
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

08 May 2014, 11:28 am

Hello, I only want to ask a question. Has anyone ever heard of the CD-I? if not, then let the Angry Video Game Nerd tell you about it. [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tl2Wz1qlzco[/youtube][youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLxqfmpjB-U[/youtube][youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHcoOLMXono[/youtube]

staremaster
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2014, 11:29 am

Full motion video! CD-quality sound!

AdamAutistic
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2014, 3:37 pm

i know of the CD-i

newageretrohippie
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2014, 1:22 am

I know of CDi...but like most true Nintendo fans and Nintendo itself, I refuse to acknowledge the existence of any Mario and Zelda games on it.

guitarman2010
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2014, 7:43 pm

I owned one once but unfortunately had no controllers or software for it :( I could only stick audio CDs in it and thankfully there was an autoplay function lol

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2014, 11:13 pm

the only reason most people know about it is because of the "SQUADALA, WE ARE OFF", etc clips everywhere. i've never actually seen one though. i'd like to try one.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2014, 6:22 pm

Let it be known that if Philips wins their U.S. Lawsuit against Nintendo over the Wii U, not only will Wii Us be banned from the American console market but the money will probably fund the second coming of this monstrosity.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

guitarman2010
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2014, 9:56 pm

I'm just old enough to remember it being sold in the 90's, that's how I knew what it was when I found the one I owned in an electronic junk pile in a basement. I made the mistake of leaving it at my parent's house and they tossed it in the trash :( I certainly would've sold it on eBay!! !

Paladin99
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

05 Aug 2014, 6:20 am

MAH BOI! This piece of hardware is what all true warriors strive for!

AntDog
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2014, 4:04 pm

$700 for that!
Faces of Evil, Wand of Gamelon, Zelda's Adventure, you want it? It's yours my friend as long as you have enough Rupee's. Sorry, AVGN I can't give credit. Come back when your a little MMM richer!

Protogenoi
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2014, 8:11 pm

I'm looking for one of those systems. I have played one of the Legend of Zelda on it and several other games.
The Wand of Gamelon actually isn't that bad of a game. It's a decent platformer by itself. In comparison to much of the Zelda franchise, it probably ranks as one of the worst along with Skyward Sword and the Nelsonic Zelda Game Watch. The worst part was probably the controller I was using, but I'm sure you can upgrade from it since there are quite a few versions.

If I recall correctly, you can simply download the game, load it to a normal disc and play it from there... Buying the Zelda games would be very expensive, if you even managed to find all three.
I need to find one, so I can finish playing the last two licensed Zelda games.

Artorias
Butterfly
Butterfly

19 Sep 2014, 5:11 pm

I know that it exists, I just choose to ignore the fact it was real. The only time I acknowledge its existence is to mock it into oblivion. The jokes revolving around the games have be beaten into the ground and then some, so I don't make them.

Decorequiem
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

24 Sep 2014, 7:52 pm

Giantbomb.com did a feature on CD-i games and man did it not go well. Nothing they showed was even remotely playable. That console was an incredible disaster. Great video to find out all about the system while seeing what kind of stuff Phillips decided to release for their product. Check it out.

http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/cd-i-do ... 2300-9419/

Here's a quick part of that video on youtube so you can get a taste of what the whole show was like:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Deqzy_tifRU[/youtube]

Evil_Chuck
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Oct 2014, 5:24 am

Oh yes. I know about this console without the AVGN's help thank you very much. :lol: For a while there in the 90's, for roughly the cost of a Super Nintendo AND a Sega Genesis, you could get an uncool "multimedia player" with poor controllers and almost no actual games! No wonder people weren't interested. Gotta feel for Phillips who worked their butts off to promote it for 7 years and only sold a million units. Even the 3DO did better than that.

FUNNY DEATH METAL LYRICS OF THE WEEK: 'DEMON'S WIND' BY VADER
Clammy frog descends
Demon's wind, the stars answer your desire
Join the undead, that's the place you'll never leave
You wanna die... but death cannot do us apart...